PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Small School Top 100

Status
Not open for further replies.
OLB, Arthur Moats, James Madison is the guy I'm most intrigued by.

He looked really fluid in the drills, but also very undersized, more like a 4-3 LB than a 3-4 OLB.

Perhaps we can have this as a floating thread for all small school prospect news.

Josh Buchanan has a solid reputation on this level -- here's his current top 100:

Small School Top 100 - February 18

---

These are 5 players I plan on following:

2. WR Andre' Roberts
3. DE/OLB Austen Lane
5. OT Jared Veldheer
7. ILB Danny Batten
19. RB Deji Karim

AUSTEN LANE!!!!

Yes!
I pray we draft him, just like I prayed we'd draft Greg Jennings...look how that turned out.

I hope they empty all of those supplemental picks on small school players. They seem to represent a relatively untouched part of the draft pool that has a pretty decent success rate at least compared to late round big school picks.

Great, great workouts turned in today by some of my favorite sleepers. First off, Edelman's college teammate, Jameson Konz (6'3 #235) ran a 4.38 40 and jumped 46" in the vertical. :eek: He played LB, FB, tight end, etc. Very versatile player. That's Taylor Mays sort of athleticism. Crazy.

My favorite running back in the draft, Deji Karim, reportedly also ran 4.38, with a 43" vertical and 10"3 in the broad, and put up 19 reps in the bench. This only further cements my opinion of him as someone with elite speed, power, and explosiveness.

Great, great workouts turned in today by some of my favorite sleepers. First off, Edelman's college teammate, Jameson Konz (6'3 #235) ran a 4.38 40 and jumped 46" in the vertical. :eek: He played LB, FB, tight end, etc. Very versatile player. That's Taylor Mays sort of athleticism. Crazy.

My favorite running back in the draft, Deji Karim, reportedly also ran 4.38, with a 43" vertical and 10"3 in the broad, and put up 19 reps in the bench. This only further cements my opinion of him as someone with elite speed, power, and explosiveness.

Draft that guy and line him up at WR. If he can catch and isn't a dumbass he could be a great pick.

These are 5 players I plan on following:

2. WR Andre' Roberts
3. DE/OLB Austen Lane
5. OT Jared Veldheer
7. ILB Danny Batten
19. RB Deji Karim

Seneschal, I wasn't around the board in February and never saw this thread. But yesterday I worked up a little Pats mock and searched to see if the board had talked about one of the prospects much. Check it out:

22. Koa Misi, OLB
44. Austen Lane, OLB
47. Jared Veldheer, OT
53. Andre Roberts, WR
118. Blair White, WR
180. Deji Karim, RB
213. Brandon Deaderick, DE
SUPP1 Sean Lissemore, DE
SUPP2 Brent Bowden, P

Eerie, eh? :) I hadn't even noticd how heavy w/small-school prospects it was, kind of interesting, that.

Seneschal, I wasn't around the board in February and never saw this thread. But yesterday I worked up a little Pats mock and searched to see if the board had talked about one of the prospects much. Check it out:

22. Koa Misi, OLB
44. Austen Lane, OLB
47. Jared Veldheer, OT
53. Andre Roberts, WR
118. Blair White, WR
180. Deji Karim, RB
213. Brandon Deaderick, DE
SUPP1 Sean Lissemore, DE
SUPP2 Brent Bowden, P

Eerie, eh? :) I hadn't even noticd how heavy w/small-school prospects it was, kind of interesting, that.
Lissemore should be bold also.

Akwasi Owusu-Ansah is looking better every day.

Lissemore should be bold also.

He's small school for sure, he just wasn't on Seneschal's list so not bold. Kind of amazing that I didn't even intend to target small-school players but still ended up with 4 of his 5.

Now watch the Pats draft solely from the SEC. :rolleyes:

He's small school for sure, he just wasn't on Seneschal's list so not bold. Kind of amazing that I didn't even intend to target small-school players but still ended up with 4 of his 5.

Now watch the Pats draft solely from the SEC. :rolleyes:

Pac 10
ACC
Big East
C-USA
ACC
Big East
Big 10
Big East
WAC
SEC
MAC
ACC

No small schools, but the SEC failed to dominate. :p

Your point that NE will draft from the majors and mid-majors is valid. 2001, 2005, & 2007 each had one small school prospect drafted, and none of them made it in NE or amounted to much on their subsequent stops. I think what happens is other teams are willing to bid higher for the small school kids than Bill is willing to risk.

Pac 10
ACC
Big East
C-USA
ACC
Big East
Big 10
Big East
WAC
SEC
MAC
ACC

No small schools, but the SEC failed to dominate. :p

Your point that NE will draft from the majors and mid-majors is valid. 2001, 2005, & 2007 each had one small school prospect drafted, and none of them made it in NE or amounted to much on their subsequent stops. I think what happens is other teams are willing to bid higher for the small school kids than Bill is willing to risk.

Yep, though Vollmer & Edelman demonstrate a willingness in the post-Pioli era to take a chance on kids with the right physical and mental makeup but sketchy experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft