PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sign the Beast XLV: Pats targeting WR Stevie Johnson? [3/17 update: signs w/ Chargers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
No excited to have Stevie on the team. Guy has headcase written all over him.

Would rather hope for Dobson to pull a rabbit out of his hat, or spend an early round pick. Dwayne Bowe is another idea I could get my head around.

But, Stevie... sheesh. Heres hoping NOT

Has from Calli bet he signs with the Chargers to stay close to home.
We might be looking at Dwayne Bowe.

Bowe has questionable hands.

He will make the impossible circus catch, but drop the one right in the numbers.

Assuming he makes and attitude adjustment and can grasp the playbook Id like to see Johnson signed up. IMO, he would be the deep threat that everyone wants to see stretch the field every season. Tyms is a great story, but he seems like a long way off from being ready for prime time.

stevie is meeting with chargers...would be a good fit for him for being home and all

Reiss is batting 1000 this offseason.

image.jpg

This is Bush's last contract so I have nothing against him taking his time it will between us and the Niners reportedly one of the two.
He's from California and grew up a Niners fan to get two Calli boys him and Stevie would be quite a trick.

@john_keim: Source says the #Redskins have expressed interest in WR Michael Crabtree, but as of now sounds like #Chargers a stronger possibility.

Chargers = Crabtree?
Stevie = Pats?

I feel we could lose out on both players to their home towns.

I feel we could lose out on both players to their home towns.
Does the offense really need them?

Only so many balls to go around.

This is Bush's last contract so I have nothing against him taking his time it will between us and the Niners reportedly one of the two.
He's from California and grew up a Niners fan to get two Calli boys him and Stevie would be quite a trick.
Well, he won't be winning much in SF. I like the way McCoy runs his team. Not sure he has a Sb contender over in SD either.

If Reggie wants to win, this is the place.

He ran a 4.46 at his pro day. Maybe something was bothering him at the combine? He has excellent size at 6'2 and had some very productive years with the Bills with three 1,000+ seasons in a row. At age 28, he's still in his prime. A great buy-low candidate.

Be careful about those Bills stats. Someone on bad teams has to catch the ball. The other options on those teams were David Nelson, Scott Chandler, Donald Jones, Roscoe Parrish and an over the hill Lee Evans. All very mediocre NFL players. Not saying much that Johnson was the best of that lot and got the most targets and receptions. Put him in San Fran, where is clearly not as good as Crabtree or Boldin, and no surprise that he is only a third option, with a commensurate reduction in targets and receptions.

Last edited:
Well, he won't be winning much in SF. I like the way McCoy runs his team. Not sure he has a Sb contender over in SD either.

If Reggie wants to win, this is the place.

He may want to win *I'm sure every player in the NFL does* but I'm sure he wants to take advantage of his last likely contract or good contract. He should take the best offer he can find.

He may want to win *I'm sure every player in the NFL does* but I'm sure he wants to take advantage of his last likely contract or good contract. He should take the best offer he can find.

Every person is entitled to make as much money as they possibly can. With that said, it is Bush to decide if he has enough money and does the personal satisfaction of winning outweigh a few extra dollars in his pocket.

Bush has a wife and a young child now. To your point staying close to home might have a higher priority than winning- which I can completely understand and relate to.

I would rather have too many options than not enough options.

I agree but it seems to me even if they sign Crabtree or Johnson, they won't be seeing the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back