Server Issues - An Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
I've gotten several angry emails tonight after some of the glitches we experienced during the game, although the glitches seem like they were a little less than last week as I only noticed a couple of spots where things froze for any length of time. However, I'm going to be moving data around this week to hopefully take some of the stress off the main server, which is the one having the issues right now and there may be some points where I need to close things down while I do it. I'll try and plan on a couple of nights where I'll do it around 2am ET to impact people the least, but just be warned that that might happen.

We're probably still a couple of weeks away from making any changes and the toughest part is going to be trying to get this done without having much downtime...it's going to be very difficult and I'm trying to make the best out of what we currently have to not interrupt things for everyone. Hopefully some of this week's efforts make a difference and get us through a little longer until the change is made, and obviously I'll keep everyone updated.

I know how difficult of a job you have Ian. We appreciate what you do. Thank you !

Thank you for sharing

The angry emails need to stop. You whiny little kids can voice a complaint without being assholes about it.

I think people also don't realize just how active this place is either. The gameday thread had almost 56,000 views yesterday. The Seahawk Blue gameday thread had almost 9,000. SteelersFans had 11,000. ColtsFreaks had 1,000.

Ian does a ton of work to keep this place going, and if you want to help, do more than send angry emails. Feel free to volunteer your time and energy to do something productive for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes