PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Senior Bowl draft watch

stephens44

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
So, watching the game and they start talking about: Ben Mason Biography | ESPN
He's smart, voted toughest guy on the team multiple years, plays FB, was a converted LB, has great football acumen, etc.
Pretty sure Bill snags him late in the draft, looks like a poster boy player for Bill.

Mason pancaked a few players during the week and the game as well. I would like to see him moved back to LB. He would be the biggest ILB in the draft, and he hits like a truck. His speed would be right up there too. Pats like his size (6' 3" 256) for that position. Let him wear #45 and he could play FB too.

The linebacker at the senior bowl that impressed me the most was cox of lsu. He is instinctive, active and plays decent in space.

So, watching the game and they start talking about: Ben Mason Biography | ESPN
He's smart, voted toughest guy on the team multiple years, plays FB, was a converted LB, has great football acumen, etc.
Pretty sure Bill snags him late in the draft, looks like a poster boy player for Bill.
late? bill takes him in the second round

A couple of guys that I thought have money themselves some money this week:

Amari Rodgers, WR Clemson- he looked great all week, easily moving up draft boards. Interesting side note, he is the son of Peyton manning's replacement at Tennessee, Tee Martin, the guy who took Peyton's team and won a championship with it, and who is also a member of the Brady 6.

Michael Carter, RB, UNC- clearly the best RB on the field, explosive with big play ability.

Kellen Mond- had a good game, longtime Texas A&M starter, lead the comeback, will draw Dak comparisons.

Tre McKitty, TE, Georgia-WHo? you ask, a transfer who only got 6 balls thrown his way at Georgia this year, looked like a 3 down NFL TE, moved from undrafted UFA to a mid to late round pick.

Grant Stuard, S/LB Houston, special teams maven, almost guaranteed to be BB second rd pick, hopefully he wont be a bust like the 463 2nd rd picks before him. But he has a 24/7 motor

There were a lot of good wr's in the game but Amari Rodgers really stood out. Can't go wrong with a Clemson wr.
The player I liked most was Elarson (?) Smith edge from Northern Iowa. Seemed like he was always "in position". Didn't care for any of the QB's. Mond had a streak but I'm not convinced. Felt bad for Jamie Newman. He can't possibly be as bad as he looked yesterday. Jones, DL/edge from Pittsburgh looked decent but I couldn't tell if it was him or the guys playing opposite him. Creed Humphies showed up a few times at C. Brown the mammoth G from Alabama just looked to slow. Don't think he could play for the Pats. Ogidizzy dizzy looked good a few times rushing from the DL. Taylor DB from Washington had tight coverage, looked like a good player. Ohio State Linebackers made some plays. There was a LB, Seward don't remember where he was from but he reminded me to much of Winovich. Can we afford to have two long haired crazy guys running around. The FB Mason definitely looked like a Pats player and as another poster said somewhere, BB could put him back at LB. Definitely a thumper at FB. Didn't take any notes so going from memory and that can't be a good thing.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back