PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi OT: Teams Signature moment or image

Status
Not open for further replies.
An overrated QB on a cheating team with ugly uniforms and mindless fans, all backed 100% by the league
Not to mention he's the biggest douche off the field... most Broncos fans will actually back me up on that. I hate pretty much everything about him and that franchise, but I respect his effort on that play. Peyton would rather take a SB loss than give himself up like that.

Wow! Where did you find that?
th
Eat your heart out, Oscar
th
Now listen up, Pilgrim, just wait'll he coaches the Pats
th

Way better than Cowboys, way better. Malcolm's pick is more like the greatest play in Super Bowl history; not necessarily the Pats' "signature" moment.

My point was that it isn't now but may be seen as such lets say 10 years from now. What other fanbases and the media (NFL films, plus broadcast networks for example) across the league remember as a dynasty's signature moment kind of form these thing just as much as the original fanbase and franchise itself to be honest. As an example, The Giants have already had a long and storied NFL Championship, and Super Bowl winning history before Super Bowl 42, but the Tyree catch has (unfortunately for us) probably replaced any other play in Giant history as the most iconic. The Vinatieri kicks are still commonly played in league wide montages so the original post was only speculative in the first place...

maxresdefault.jpg

My point was that it isn't now but may be seen as such lets say 10 years from now. What other fanbases and the media (NFL films, plus broadcast networks for example) across the league remember as a dynasty's signature moment kind of form these thing just as much as the original fanbase and franchise itself to be honest. As an example, The Giants have already had a long and storied NFL Championship, and Super Bowl winning history before Super Bowl 42, but the Tyree catch has (unfortunately for us) probably replaced any other play in Giant history as the most iconic. The Vinatieri kicks are still commonly played in league wide montages so the original post was only speculative in the first place...
Well, y'all know how much I loathe the Giants, but they consistently do things on and off the field that put themselves underneath the Ravens as the absolute worst, most unrootable franchise in, perhaps, all of sports. It just gets worse and worse.

So here they are, they actually weren't bad back in the day, with more than one iconic moment with Y.A. Tittle, for example. The only thing he couldn't do is win a title there, but man, he was everything Peyton Manning wasn't. The guy is really a national hero, and belongs in the conversation about the G.O.A.T.

So the Tyree catch is big for them (um, Seymour was held) but it's nothing compared to the performance of Burress against the Packers the game before, or the '86 champions, or really, the '56 champs.

Bottom line, I don't care about the Giants.

I do care, a lot, about us, the Pats, and no matter what they're saying over there, our history and identity are being ignored.

maxresdefault.jpg
Ouch. Is this 'Skins' signature moment?
OK, from 1946 to 1970 they did not have a single postseason appearance and went without a single winning season between 1956 and 1968. In 1961, the franchise posted their worst regular season record with a 1–12–1 showing. The team name and logo have been the subject of controversy, with lawsuits being filed by Native American groups who consider the team name and logo offensive.

And yet, THEY still have their logo and uniforms:mad:

I think their signature moment came in the 1940 NFL championship game, when the the Bears scored eleven touchdowns and won 73–0, the most one-sided victory in NFL history. Washington had defeated Chicago 7–3 in a regular season game three weeks earlier in Washington.[7] After the contest, Redskins owner George Preston Marshall told reporters that the Bears were crybabies and quitters when the going got tough. As the Bears prepared for the rematch, Chicago head coach George Halas fired up his team by showing them newspaper articles containing Marshall's comments. So many footballs were kicked into the stands after touchdowns that officials asked Halas to run or pass for the point after touchdown on the last two touchdowns. This game also marked the last time that an NFL player (Bears end **** Plasman) played without a helmet. Redskins quarterback Sammy Baugh was interviewed after the game, and a sportswriter asked him whether the game would have been different had Malone not dropped the tying touchdown pass. Baugh reportedly quipped, "Sure. The final score would have been 73–7."

Ouch. Is this 'Skins' signature moment?
No, but it does seem to be the point where their fortune changed.

You raise some excellent moments, u probably would have gone for a more recent moment with Gibbs.

No, but it does seem to be the point where their fortune changed.

You raise some excellent moments, u probably would have gone for a more recent moment with Gibbs.
What happened with Williams was gratifying; hate the 'Skins but hate Elway more

So anyway, I found the transcript for the future first lady's speech to the Americal people:

...both Steve Grogan AND Julius Adams were still playing for us when it came out.

Here what the new logo looked like.
04c0d1c6be68b86ca4ddddc960025e0a.jpg
..."Proto-Elvis"...is virtually the same as F.E.

...wondering how it'd go over in, say, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Dallas, Kansas City, Washington, etc as the replacement for their logos that likewise have been in place for generations.

Instant online responses did not quite exist yet, in 1993. Convenient for Kraft and Orthwein.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents