PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seahawks release Shaun Alexander [Update: Pats or Colts?]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
The inevitable happened and word over the wire just now indicates the Seahawks have given Shaun his walking papers today.

Sad ending to to great career for this guy in Seattle and if he still has anything left in the tank he may help a team out maybe as a 2nd or likely 3rd string RB somewhere - The NY Jets or Dolphins would not surprise me if they were interested.

This likely opens the door for either Stewart or Mendenhall getting called in the 1st round to Seattle.

Possibly Seattle may trade up to NE to grab McFadden is he is still on the board - unlikely but possible but a RB is a need behind Julius Jones

Last edited:
Re: Seahawks release Shaun Alexander today

Please god dont let anyone ask to bring him on board.

Shaun Alexander is about as useful as a man with no legs at RB.

Please god dont let anyone ask to bring him on board.

Shaun Alexander is about as useful as a man with no legs at RB.

You read my mind - No way is he a fit on this team,Besides I love what Sammy Morris has shown in his first few games as a Patriot

Do you have a link?

Trade up with what? I don't think they have the picks to do it.

I think Maurice Morris is also still with the Seahawks.

You read my mind - No way is he a fit on this team,Besides I love what Sammy Morris has shown in his first few games as a Patriot

Sammy Morris is just a brutal runner. Hes probably more of a FB with speed but he complements Maroney to well to even bother to sign another RB.

You really dont go by the value chart anymore. Teams could swap firsts and thirds and be happy with it nowadays.

Maurice Morris is more of a change of pace runner. You dont want him being a full time guy.

I picture Seattle aiming more towards Mendenhall then Stewart because they want more of a bruising runner.

The Seattle Post-Intelligencer cites a KJR-AM report that Shaun Alexander has been told the Seahawks will release him today.
The team hasn't confirmed the rumor, but it's basically been a foregone conclusion since the team acquired Julius Jones and T.J. Duckett through free agency. The move was likely delayed until Alexander could pass a physical. Cutting him will save Seattle almost $5 million under the salary cap.
Source: Seattle Post-Intelligencer
-per rotoworld

What the hell happened to the guy..

i don't see the seahawks drafting a rb in the first round. They didn't sign julius jones and give him starters money along with acquiring TJ duckett ( don't know how much he's getting) to draft a rb in the first. With Morris as the 3rd back I just dont see RB as a need position. Maybe they will take one in the 2nd at the earliest however.

He was a product of a great oline and a very very weak division. With that said, he took the money and stopped running.

He quit when he got paid.

Literally, ask any Hawks' fan. He just straight quit trying.

Do you have a link?

No,Just heard over Sirius NFL Radio

I looked around the net and found nothing yet,but Sirius gets info QUICK!

He was a product of a great oline and a very very weak division. With that said, he took the money and stopped running.

Either that or age caught up to him.

They'd have to give up their first four picks to do it. But, they could always involve an 09 pick.

Not that they would, I don't see the incentive to trade up for McFadden unless a given team is infatuated, which maybe some are, they can find backs that will do just as well in the pros later in round 1.

Last edited:
Re: Seahawks release Shaun Alexander

Who declined quicker... Alexander or Eddie George?

He came back too quickly from a foot injury. That's a recipe for disaster in almost any major sport.

He quit when he got paid.

Literally, ask any Hawks' fan. He just straight quit trying.

He was never a good blocker or pass catching threat. He wasn't worth the money.

The inevitable happened and word over the wire just now indicates the Seahawks have given Shaun his walking papers today.

Sad ending to to great career for this guy in Seattle and if he still has anything left in the tank he may help a team out maybe as a 2nd or likely 3rd string RB somewhere - The NY Jets or Dolphins would not surprise me if they were interested.

This likely opens the door for either Stewart or Mendenhall getting called in the 1st round to Seattle.

Possibly Seattle may trade up to NE to grab McFadden is he is still on the board - unlikely but possible but a RB is a need behind Julius Jones

Why would they want to trade up????

They signed JJ and TJ Duckett. They still have Maurice Morris too.

Stop smoking crack...

Why would they want to trade up????

They signed JJ and TJ Duckett. They still have Maurice Morris too.

Stop smoking crack...

You make Duckett sound like hes something special and as far as Morris?:eek: Puhleeze

They probably will not trade up and very unlikely but anything is possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick