PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seahawks CB Brandon Browner meeting with Pats Thursday 3/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
SS is an interesting but he is an All-pro cornerback. Browner is excellent using his size and strength at cb. Browner, Revis could be an awesome combination along with Dennard. That would be a very physical and adding a safety in the draft could make it a terrific defensive backfield.

Obviously not happy with NE's offer or lack of offer.

They should look at DRC.

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie reportedly turned down $54 million offer from*Broncos | Audibles - SI.com

How-about-no-bear.jpg

Imagine if he took that offer. Talk about what could have been one of the worst contracts

DRC is an idiot. How do you not take that contract? He isn't getting anything like that on the open market. Now he can go get a lesser contract from a lesser team.

DRC is an idiot. How do you not take that contract? He isn't getting anything like that on the open market. Now he can go get a lesser contract from a lesser team.

wouldn't mind bringing him for 6 million per year.

Haven't heard of Browner flying to Redskins or anywhere.

I haven't heard anything saying he didn't fly, either.

All we know is that he had 3 visits.

Two of them are confirmed, he was in New England today, and supposed to visit Washington tonight. We haven't heard anything saying he did not, or is not currently, having that meeting.

We've heard the Saints are interested, but I don't believe the report said they were having a visit.

wouldn't mind bringing him for 6 million per year.

No. Why would we? We've got a shutdown corner and Dennard/Ryan are more than capable in taking care of that #2 role. Other holes to fill and I'd much rather take a guy like Browner who could work at safety.

I haven't heard anything saying he didn't fly, either.

All we know is that he had 3 visits.

Two of them are confirmed, he was in New England today, and supposed to visit Washington tonight. We haven't heard anything saying he did not, or is not currently, having that meeting.

We've heard the Saints are interested, but I don't believe the report said they were having a visit.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 46s
Brandon Browner is with the Redskins tonight and in to tomorrow. If no deal materializes there he moves on to New Orleans

He said he might retire. Maybe he meant it.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 30s
Source: Ex-#Seahawks CB Brandon Browner has reached a two-year agreement with the #Patriots. Must serve 4-game suspension to start 2014

YES

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 46s

Brandon Browner is with the Redskins tonight and in to tomorrow. If no deal materializes there he moves on to New Orleans

Oh wow. Nice

Source: Ex-#Seahawks CB Brandon Browner has reached a two-year agreement with the #Patriots. Must serve 4-game suspension to start 2014

YES

Can I like a post more than once??????/

Can I like a post more than once??????/

YES

Okay, like it again.

YES

Be still my heart. :singing::singing::eek::D:D

I like the idea of the Browner signing because it addresses multiple needs for them as they can use him at CB, S, and as a slot corner matching up on TE's and the big slot receivers. I don't think they can get it done at the low numbers i have seen floated here and think he's more likely to get 3 million a season than 1.5. They are good at structuring these kinds of deals and they have a great deal of credibility in giving player's an opportunity to succeed when they are on the ropes professionally. If they can get it done then they will be in great shape in their secondary and the only needs will be for extra camp competition and depth at the very back end of their roster.

It's interesting because if the Patriots release Wilfork, as expected, then they would really be able to address all of their defensive needs in free agency and what they choose to do in the draft would just be an added bonus.

Interior DL - Henry Melton

Rotational DE - Julius Peppers

Cover LB - Wesley Woodyard

CB/S - Brandon Browner

Neither Woodyard or browner are big ticket free agents and they have the cap space and money to get this done if they choose to. Or a number of combinations that would address similar needs and leave them season ready before the draft ever hits.

This is turning into all sorts of awesome right now. BB's going Oldskool with the D. Love it. Absolutely freaking love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST