Scouting Report on Reche

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Grade: 68

Expert's Take
More quick than fast - best against zone - doesn't like a lot of contact - poor blocker - frequently injured.

EDIT: I've taken F.B.N.'s advice and just given a basic summary instead of posting all of it.

Last edited:
I dont get it, they say that Cladwell doesn't have the size to get many of the jump balls yet they say the Givens has "good size." They're the same size and weight...explanation please?

skri65 said:
I dont get it, they say that Cladwell doesn't have the size to get many of the jump balls yet they say the Givens has "good size." They're the same size and weight...explanation please?

And interestingly enough, they have McGinest rated a 69.

Last edited:
I guess Felger at least read this or it's pretty much the league wide skinny on Reche.

Their take on Givens is just about they way I perceived him. He was a fine #2 for a team with a solid #1 and a credible #3 who also had a QB like Brady spreading it around and mixing in a viable running game. As a potential #1 or an elite #2 with #1 potential in waiting, no. But somebody wanted to pay him as if he was so.....

Ditto Willie.

When they reveiwed the season this is what they saw. Two players they would like to have kept but in no way could justify overpaying by $2M per year.

Want to share Vinatieri and possibly Branch and Seymour and Koppen FWIW?

I am not sure that it is OK to post subscriber material on this board. Ian is the one who get into trouble.

Miguel said:
I am not sure that it is OK to post subscriber material on this board. Ian is the one who get into trouble.

No problem. I shall cease and desist!

Last edited:
I'm not sure when they wrote up those assessments - but apparently they have Caldwell rated higher than Givens (?!)

Sorry but that bucket don't hold water - I think that even BB & SP would admit that Caldwell isn't expected to be the #2 WR. He's good for depth and might have some "upside" given his age and experience, but Givens is a MUCH better receiver than Caldwell.

JoeSixPat said:
I'm not sure when they wrote up those assessments - but apparently they have Caldwell rated higher than Givens (?!)

Sorry but that bucket don't hold water - I think that even BB & SP would admit that Caldwell isn't expected to be the #2 WR. He's good for depth and might have some "upside" given his age and experience, but Givens is a MUCH better receiver than Caldwell.

No, Caldwell is a 68, Givens is a 74.

Givens' two biggest problems IMHO were his injury-proneness and his tendency to fade in and out of the game. This guy seems like a carbon-copy.

pats1 said:

Wow. That's only an extra half million bucks of cap room for each additional rating point for Givens! Such a deal.

Or, maybe it would be smarter to have Keyshawn Johnson and Reche Caldwell for the cost of Givens' new contract? I guess that wouldn't suck too bad.

Last edited:
Miguel said:

I read those and then rework it to a few sentences...like Miguel says...that's not free material. I even get a bit nervous doing it like I do.

skri65 said:

* Givens uses that size ti his advantage and Calwell doesn't, even though it's about the same size.

pats1 said:
That is interesting...I wonder why???

Pats726 said:

How so? Givens is the better player. Givens has the better rating.

Pats726 said:

But low, sell high.

I wouldn't want some of the panicky posters handling my portfolio. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft