Not open for further replies.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
http://news.aol.com/topnews/article...-stupidity-pill/n20060807125109990003?cid=936

Scientist Tests 'Anti-Stupidity' Pill
Reuters
BERLIN (Aug. 7) - A German scientist has been testing an "anti-stupidity" pill with encouraging results on mice and fruit flies, Bild newspaper reported Saturday.

It said Hans-Hilger Ropers, director at Max-Planck-Institute for Molecular Genetics in Berlin, has tested a pill thwarting hyperactivity in certain brain nerve cells, helping stabilize short-term memory and improve attentiveness.

"With mice and fruit flies we were able to eliminate the loss of short-term memory," Ropers, 62, is quoted saying in the German newspaper, which has dubbed it the "world's first anti-stupidity pill."

Tunescribe said:
http://news.aol.com/topnews/article...-stupidity-pill/n20060807125109990003?cid=936

Scientist Tests 'Anti-Stupidity' Pill
Reuters
BERLIN (Aug. 7) - A German scientist has been testing an "anti-stupidity" pill with encouraging results on mice and fruit flies, Bild newspaper reported Saturday.

It said Hans-Hilger Ropers, director at Max-Planck-Institute for Molecular Genetics in Berlin, has tested a pill thwarting hyperactivity in certain brain nerve cells, helping stabilize short-term memory and improve attentiveness.

"With mice and fruit flies we were able to eliminate the loss of short-term memory," Ropers, 62, is quoted saying in the German newspaper, which has dubbed it the "world's first anti-stupidity pill."

It's supposed to work on mice and fruit flies, I don't think it's strong enough for Chayut. It might be just strong enough for Deion to realize he needs to fire his Agent though.

Last edited:
Brownfan80 said:
It's supposed to work on mice and fruit flies, I don't think it's strong enough for Chayut.

Are you kidding? To the contrary, they're trying to isolate an amount small enough for Chayut to prevent overdose.

Last edited:
Tunescribe said:
Are you kidding? To the contrary, they're trying to isolate an amount small enough for Chayut to prevent overdose.

You're judging by the insignificance of the creature. I'm judging by the size of the stupid. He's huge stupid, he needs a huge dose.

Brownfan80 said:
You're judging by the insignificance of the creature. I'm judging by the size of the stupid. He's huge stupid, he needs a huge dose.

This, indeed, is a conundrum. I was thinking in terms of brain size (specifically, Chayut's being dwarfed by that of a fruit fly). So the question remains how a dosage should be administered considering the fragility and limitations of such an infinitessimally tiny recepticle. But your point is well taken regarding the size of the stupid. That would indicate an apparent disparity between physical brain capacity and its ability to generate massive miscalculations on a grand scale. I guess we'll leave that to the scientists, or Branch, to figure out.

Tunescribe said:
This, indeed, is a conundrum. I was thinking in terms of brain size (specifically, Chayut's being dwarfed by that of a fruit fly). So the question remains how a dosage should be administered considering the fragility and limitations of such an infinitessimally tiny recepticle. But your point is well taken regarding the size of the stupid. That would indicate an apparent disparity between physical brain capacity and its ability to generate massive miscalculations on a grand scale. I guess we'll leave that to the scientists, or Branch, to figure out.

I got a good chuckle out of that response, MUCHAS GRACIAS.

Even including the Postons representing Lawyer and Law ...
has ANY agent for a Pat
ever taken the obloquy
that this Chayut creature has earned?

Is it just me or does anyone else feel that player agents are killing all pro sports? These guys care NOTHING about the overall game, the teams, the league, or -- least of all -- the fans. They care about one thing and one thing only: more money for *their* players. Everyone else can go to hell as far as they are concerned. Talk about leeches. "Fair value" for players? How about "fair prices" for tickets!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back