PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schobel will be released today: Per Schefter

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far, he has not signed here and the Patriots have not gotten him. If he wanted to come here his resume is enough to get him here. If the Patriots truly wanted him they have the clout to entice him especially if there is any lingering anger or frustration against his old team. But he isn't here yet and he hasn't signed so I am doubting that he ever wanted to come or the team had any real interest in him.

I respect the guy as a player but his heart lays down in Texas. He can go out with the local team and they have a guy the fans can rally around and identify with. Add in possibly making the playoffs and this is a perfect match for him.

So far, he has not signed here and the Patriots have not gotten him. If he wanted to come here his resume is enough to get him here. If the Patriots truly wanted him they have the clout to entice him especially if there is any lingering anger or frustration against his old team. But he isn't here yet and he hasn't signed so I am doubting that he ever wanted to come or the team had any real interest in him.

I respect the guy as a player but his heart lays down in Texas. He can go out with the local team and they have a guy the fans can rally around and identify with. Add in possibly making the playoffs and this is a perfect match for him.
I agree, there's no way he's not going to Huston.

I'm of the same line of thinking. Texans should be a pretty decent team this year and hes from the area.

Gotta think that every team will be doing it's due diligence and selling the program hard if he is open to playing in other places- including NE and BB can sell.

Last edited:

I agree from everything we have heard Houston seems most likely but he has only been a FA for hours what is the so far talk and yet all about????

But so far he hasn't signed with the Texans either:confused:

But so far he hasn't signed with the Texans either:confused:

Exactly. It's not like his proximity geographically to New England means that it would be quicker to make a deal here. The fact that he is not signed here minutes after being released is a sign of absolutely nothing.

From everything I read it seems as if family is a huge consideration for schobel. his family right now is in Texas.

From everything I read it seems as if family is a huge consideration for schobel. his family right now is in Texas.

I hadn't read much about it, but PFT just posted this quote:

A few days back, Schobel told the Houston Chronicle, "If I were a free agent and I could choose a team, it would be the Texans, without a doubt," Schobel said.

So seems like it's up to the Texans to take him or leave him.

would be nice to have, but i think he will go to the texans..

No worries. I'm on the horn with his wife now. I think I almost have her convinced that moving to Boston would be the right thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back