Status
Not open for further replies.

JMC00

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Week 1- Gumbel/Green
Week 2- Eagle/Fouts
Week 3- Gumbel/Green

And as you know Week 4 is Monday Night and Week 5 is Sunday Night.

Meh, Gumbel. Well Trent Green will be interesting. I imagine he must be better than Dierdorf at the very least.

I also notice Eagle/Fouts are now the 2nd CBS reporters behind Nantz/Simms. I actually really like that.

Nantz/Simms w/Tracy Wolfson on the sideline
Week 1 Jets/Raiders
Week 2 Chiefs/Broncos
Week 3 Broncos/Seahawks
Week 4 Not scheduled as of right now as they won't be doing the London game due to TNF

Eagle/Fouts w/Jenny Dell on the sideline
Week 1 Browns/Steelers
Week 3 Texans/Giants
Week 4 Dolpins/Raiders (in London)

Gumble/Green
Week 2 Jets/Packers
Week 4 Panthers/Ravens

Nantz/Simms w/Tracy Wolfson on the sideline
Week 1 Jets/Raiders
Week 2 Chiefs/Broncos
Week 3 Broncos/Seahawks
Week 4 Not scheduled as of right now as they won't be doing the London game due to TNF

Eagle/Fouts w/Jenny Dell on the sideline
Week 1 Browns/Steelers
Week 3 Texans/Giants
Week 4 Dolpins/Raiders (in London)

Gumble/Green
Week 2 Jets/Packers
Week 4 Panthers/Ravens

Looking at this schedule, and if Eagle/Fouts and Gumble/Green are indeed 2nd/3rd broadcaster that could mean the Patriots/Vikings game will be the main CBS game for the 1 pm timeslot. I just might be able to get that game too, I hope! o_O

Might be SOL for week 3 if Eagle/Fouts are the 2nd team broadcaster though. Oh who am I kidding, in what world would a Patriots/Raiders game not just be a regional game. :(

@Wheelman -- where are you? Here's a post from a thread a couple weeks ago, How can out of state fans watch the Pats in 2014, in regards to what Pats games will or won't be available on broadcast television.

Week 1, Patriots at Miami (early)
Will NOT be available in Baltimore, Jacksonville, KC, Ohio, NYC, NJ, PA, NoCal, TN
Should be available in Tampa, Buffalo. May be available in other markets such as GA, LA.
Top competition for other CBS games are Cin-Bal and Cle-Pit

Week 2, Patriots at Minnesota (early)
Will NOT be available in Atlanta, Cincy, Jacksonville, Washington, Miami, Buffalo, Tenn, Cle, NYC, and Carolina markets
It's a CBS doubleheader; Pats' game main competition for other neutral areas is Atlanta-Cincy.

Week 3, Oakland at Patriots (early)
Will NOT be available in Bal, Buf, Cin, Cle, Det, Hous, Indy, Jax, NYC, NO, Phil, SD, StL, Tenn markets
Another CBS DH; no compelling early matchups for neutral markets

Week 4, Patriots at Kansas City
Monday night game, available everywhere on ESPN

Week 5, Cincinnati at Patriots
Sunday night game, available everywhere on NBC

Week 6, Patriots at Buffalo (early)
Will NOT be available in Atl, Bal, Cle, Cin, Den, Jax, Mia, Min, NYC, Pitt, Tampa, Tenn markets
This game historically gets no distribution outside of the stations that always broadcast the Pats' and Bills' games. Neutral areas will most likely get the Broncos-Jets early, or SD-Oak late for the sole CBS game.

Week 7, Jets at Patriots
Thursday night game, available everywhere on both CBS and NFLN

Week 8, Chicago at Patriots (early)
Will NOT be available in Ariz, Atl, Car, Cin, Det, Jax, KC, Min, NYC, Phil, Sea, StL, TB, Ten markets
This game is on Fox, but CBS has the DH this week. Most neutral sites will probably go with Sea-Car early, or Phi-Ari if they have to do a late game.

Week 9, Denver at Patriots (late)
Will NOT be available in Oakland/SF or Seattle; will be available everywhere else.

Week 10 - Bye

Week 11, Patriots at Indy

Week 12, Detroit at Patriots (early)
Will NOT be available in Atl, Buf, Chi, GB, Hou, Ind, Min, Phi, TB markets
Tough call as to what neutral markets will choose; will Fox want to promote an all-NFC matchup (GB-Min, TB-Chi early; AZ-Sea, late), or take advantage of one of the two times they get a chance to air a Pats game?

Week 13, Patriots at Green Bay (late)
Will NOT be available in Arizona or Atlanta markets.
Will be available everywhere else. Expect plenty of hype; unless there is an unfortunate and unforeseen injury, this will be the first-ever game with Brady and Rodgers as the two quarterbacks.

Week 14, Patriots at San Diego

Week 15, Miami at Patriots (early)
Will NOT be available in Atl, Bal, Buf, Car, Cin, Cle, Den, Det, Hou, Ind, Jax, KC, NYC, Oak, Pit SD, Tenn markets
Early game on CBS with a Fox DH, so there won't be much distribution of this game. Might be available in Seattle, that's about it.

Week 16, Patriots at Jets (early)
Will NOT be available in Bal, Car, Chi, Cle, Hou, KC, Mia, NO, Pit, TB
It's a CBS DH, so this should get some distribution in neutral areas too, but it a lot will depend on which teams are and are not in the playoff hunt.

Week 17, Buffalo at Patriots (early)
Right now it's scheduled to be an early game, but that could change based on team's records and the playoff picture. Again, historically this game gets no distribution beyond the New England stations that always carry the Pats games, and the western New York stations that always carry the Bills games.​

In Canada. I get Spokane CBS, FOX, NBC, ABC. Because I get Spokane stations instead of Seattle stations, which is outside the blackout zone, I still get the CBS game when the Seahawks play at home.

In Canada. I get Spokane CBS, FOX, NBC, ABC. Because I get Spokane stations instead of Seattle stations, which is outside the blackout zone, I still get the CBS game when the Seahawks play at home.
I would say your chances of seeing the Pats in week two are excellent.

It is a CBS doubleheader, and the early Pats game won't be blocked due to the Seahawks playing at home at the same time (they play late, plus, they're beyond the 75-mile radius).

That leaves only these games that your Spokane CBS station has to choose from:
  • Miami at Buffalo
  • Jacksonville at Washington
  • Atlanta at Cincinnati
  • New England at Minnesota

I can't imagine they would go with either of the first two, choosing to avoid the Bills and Jaguars. That leaves the Falcons-Bengals, which sounds boring and has none of the star-power that networks love to use to promote their game (Brady, Gronk, Adrian Peterson) in comparison to the Patriots-Vikings.

Looking at this schedule, and if Eagle/Fouts and Gumble/Green are indeed 2nd/3rd broadcaster that could mean the Patriots/Vikings game will be the main CBS game for the 1 pm timeslot. I just might be able to get that game too, I hope! o_O

Might be SOL for week 3 if Eagle/Fouts are the 2nd team broadcaster though. Oh who am I kidding, in what world would a Patriots/Raiders game not just be a regional game. :(

In a truly just and rational world, all Patriots games would be available nationally. ;)

In a truly just and rational world, all Patriots games would be available nationally. ;)
yeah and there wouldn't be any blackout rules either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back