Welcome to PatsFans.com

Saturday 7/29 Globe TC coverage

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by patchick, Jul 29, 2006.

1. patchick

patchick Moderatrix Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,257 / 9 / -2

#11 Jersey

Lots of Patriots coverage in the Globe this morning, so I thought it might be useful to consolidate all of the rants into one thread. :)

My thoughts:

- Interesting how a different side of Borges comes out when he's talking about brutal violence! He gets all misty over Belichick's reminiscences of bone-crunching training camps of yore.
    http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...006/07/29/todays_players_dont_know_the_drill/

- Solomon's routine piece on the kickers is spiced up by a mention of AV's depature to the Baltimore Colts.
    http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...07/29/for_kickers_time_to_replace_the_clutch/

2. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

At least with camp comes daily football coverage to get us keyboard warriors through the dog days of August. :D

3. spacecrime

spacecrime Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

I thought it would never get here!

4. flutie2phelan

flutie2phelan Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

The Oklahoma drill ... until yesterday's BB pressconf i never heard that phrase.
    But it immediately evoked negative nostalgia.

Preseason camp freshman year in college, linemen spent a lot of time hurtling at each other in this narrow corridor (lined with whooping, bloodthirsty teammates). One had a football and was supposed to barrel through. The other was to make the tackle. That's where i blew out the knee that ended my undistinguished career.

So that's the Oklahoma drill, eh? Be surprised if the Pats like it anymore than i did.

5. belichickaholic

belichickaholic On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I thought that was a pretty decent article by "what's his face". There were no rediculous jabs at Belichick, so I had to wonder if "what's his face" actually wrote it! But lo and behold after seeing the references to the Raiders, I knew he must have wrote it.

That makes 3 decent articles by "what's his face" in 6 years! He must be going for a record!

6. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +272 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

This is what I got out of it and Borasses reason for writing it.

The point that he was trying to make is that TC is softer than it used to be. He used his favorite team , the Raiders, of 1975 as an example.

What he left out of his article is that players today are in training year round. In 1975 they didn't have team sponsored off season programs. Players had from mid January off, to get away from the game and from workouts. Players worked out on their own and at their own pace.

Now they don't have to spend two weeks to get players in shape (Sullivan as an exception) . This was an omission in his article.