PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ryan Clark - "if Luck was a QB, pats win the SB 5 in a row"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, a perfect pass to lafell for the go ahead td for the win and absolutely perfect pass to gronk in the sb. Point is?

his deep ball is nowhere near consistent and accurate as rodgers. just look at the 2013 AFCCG.

It's almost like when a game becomes lopsided enough to force one team into becoming one-dimensional that a savvy coach and DC might be able to use that to their advantage.

But nah, Luck is meh rite

Not sure what you're trying to say fnordcircle, but the rest of the media world thinks Andrew Luck is the QB of the future, with Ryan Clark going as far as to say that Luck could have taken the Pats further than Brady did at a like age ("Luck could've won the Pats 5 super bowls in a row"). But can you give me a recent playoff performance where Luck surpassed Brady, at the same point in their careers?

Example: Brady at age 26 in 2004, in his third year in the playoffs

The Patriots entered the AFC title game on the road in a hostile arena against a 16-1 Steelers team that boasted the No. 1 scoring defense and No. 1 total defense in all of football, on a frigid night in which the temperatures reached single digits. It was the second-coldest game in Pittsburgh history. Despite the obstacles, Brady calmly picked apart the league's top defensive unit, completing 14 of 21 passes for 207 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs and a passer rating of 130.5 – his highest of the season. The 41 points he helped engineer were the most scored against the Steelers since Week Two of the 2003 season. Later, we found out Brady was bed-ridden in his hotel room the night before the game, with a temperature of 103 and with IV needles stuck in his arm. Result: Brady gets it done in crunch time. Patriots win, 41-27.

Now compare that to Andrew Luck at age 25 in 2013, in his third year in the playoffs. I think you get my point.

Last edited:
I think Rogers has better pure QB skills than Brady ever had....but that's not how we judge "GOAT".

We do that based upon results...as in SB victories. There is no QB that is ever in the GOAT conversatoin that hasn't won multiple SB's.

Brady towers over all QB's in leadership and results.....EVER

elway & favre and many other QBs had better pure QB skills than Brady too. but yeah, QBing in the NFL is much more about making right decision at a right time. and you must inspire teammates. you can't just go out there and expect to win the game on your own. it's the ultimate team sport. some dudes just have that 'it factor. it's magical. when brady is out there, i feel like we always have a chance to win no matter what. winning is contagious and brady can win better than any QBs ever walked on earth in modern era.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes