PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Roster Breakdown - Post Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
So, Here is the roster breakdown with the currently signed players, draftees, and the 9 UDFAs that have reportedly signed with the Pats. There is a total of 84 with 6 spots remaining. I figure that another punter and kicker will be signed to keep Allen and Gost fresh..

In terms of the positions for the O-line/D-Line and STs, they are just my opinion based on where people played last year and do not necessarily correspond with the Pats Unofficial Roster on Patriots.com. For example they list Will Smith as a LB. I have him as a DE.

There clearly will be some interesting camp battles on the O-line, TE, WR, D-line and Secondary. The one area I think the Pats are still weak is at LB..

Patriots Current Roster Breakdown (Post Draft)
Red = UDFA
Blue = Draft Pick
Green = Try-out
Black = On roster prior to draft
OFFENSE:
QB (3) – Brady, Mallett, Garoppolo
RB (6) – Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, Gray, White, Finch, Houston, Harbridge
FB (1)– Develin
TE (6) – Gronkowski, Hoomanawanui, Williams, Beck, Jones, Watson
WR (10)– Amendola, Boyce, Dobson, Edelman, Lafell, Thompkins, Dunn, Gallon, Harrison, Orton, Ja-Mes Logan
OT/OG( 7)– Mankins, Solder, Vollmer, Cannon, Fleming, Devey, Mattes
OG/OC (7)– Connolly, Kline, Wendell, Stork, Cave, Barker, Halapio

DEFENSE:
NT/DT (8) – Wilfork, Kelly, Chris Jones, Vellano, Siliga, Easley, Forston, Buntyn, Espenesa, Hood, Tonga
DE (7)- Chandler Jones, Ninkovich, Bequette, Buchanon, Will Smith, Moore, Armstead
LB (9) – Mayo, Collins, Hightower, Ja’Gared Davis, Beauharnais, Josh Hull, Chris White, Gordon, Morris, Skinner, McCuller,
CB (6) – Revis, Browner, Arringrton, Dennard, Green, Hawkins, Butler, Love
CB/S (3)- Ryan, McCourty, Thomas,
S (4)- T. Wilson, Harmon, Chung, Davis, Deering,

SPECIAL TEAMS:
K (1) - Gostkowski
P (1) - Allen
LS (3) – Aiken, Hughlett, Ott
ST (2)– Ebner, Slater

Last edited:
Not thin on bodies but TE is weak as well, will be interesting to see if there's another move at that position before the roster shakes down. Will be interesting to see how the lines come together, tons of bodies and some real quality pieces that might not make the cut--good problem to have.

Thanks for listing this.

My quick takeaway ..... some very capable players likely to be cut this season. Would like to see more talent added at TE and ILB however.

:) I guess it depends on your perspective. Who are the very capable players that you are afraid of losing? I would note that 8 of the kids would end up on the Practice Squad.

My list of cuts as of now include:
OFFENSE: Thompkins, Harrison, Gallon, Gray, Wendell, Kline, Barker, Cave, Devey, Hughlett
DEFENSE: Bequette, Chris Jones, Vellano, Forston, T. Wilson, C White, Green, Davis, Davis
Thanks for listing this.

My quick takeaway ..... some very capable players likely to be cut this season. Would like to see more talent added at TE and ILB however.

I updated the roster to include all the UDFA signings and try-outs the Pats had offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST