PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rooting For The Yankees

This Yankee team looks to me like the team from the mid 90's, ie, come playoff time, opponents go into Yankee Stadium and soil themselves.

The Twins had a chance to even up the series up by 2 runs in game 2 and blew it, the Angels also had a chance to even up the series up by 1 run; why the **** do you pitch to the douchebag in that situation, let alone leave an 0-2 meatball right down broadway?

The Angels were flawless against us and have looked like a JV team through the first two games, the winning run scores on a throwing error, how priceless.

The question should be will this ****ing team lose a playoff game this year or what?

Yea I agree you should just admit when a team is better and embrace being 2nd (or in this case) 3rd best.

:eek: ... can't belive I'm making this thread.

I'm a local Boston team homer ... all my life. However, there was a time I had respect for some Yankees players. In no certain order ... Thurman Munson, Craig Nettles, Ron Guidry, Goose Gossage, Paul O'Neil to name a few. This Yankees team reminds me of those great teams.

I have to say John Lackey and most of all manager Mike Sciosia drive me nuts ... especially Scioscia with those beady friggin' eyes and that stupid look on his face ... I want to throw darts at him.

This is a great Yankee team ... got to give it to them

... I can hate them again next year. Go Yankees

... you haven't won a world series in a long time you Joe Giarrrti greaseball deadbeats

... go Frank - wear your spit shield.
805028261_m.jpg

I just threw up in my mouth.

is this some sort of sick joke??????
Yankees can go to hell and so can the Angels, any team that harbours that moron Figgins deserve everything they get!

I will take the Angels anyday over the Yankees, and I hate the Angels. You should be born hating the yankees if your a sox fan, that is just how it goes. No one who is a red sox fan should want the Yankees to figure out how to win a ws again, that would screw us in the future. Plus you have to deal with the annoying yankees fans after the season is over, and here about how the yankees are back. I would hate to have to here their fans for a whole offseason talk about how great they are. F*CK THE YANKEES!

Plus you have to deal with the annoying yankees fans after the season is over, and here about how the yankees are back. I would hate to have to here their fans for a whole offseason talk about how great they are.

Whether or not they win the World Series, you still have to deal with the annoying Yankee fans after the season is over.

Yankee fan=annoying.

The funny part for me is growing up as a young baseball fan, the Yankees sucked, they were terrible until I was a Freshman in College and I had to deal with all of those annoying, no chin, yellow toothed ballbags from New York who all come to Massachusetts to go to college because all the colleges in New York and New Jersey suck.

It was at that point that I found out how annoying ****ing Yankee fans are...............

This Yankee team looks to me like the team from the mid 90's, ie, come playoff time, opponents go into Yankee Stadium and soil themselves.

The question should be will this ****ing team lose a playoff game this year or what?

That's why I like the Phillies. They've won it last year and proven they can win on the road. They are not intimidated by the Yankees and with their mid-season acquisitions, Pedro and Cliff Lee could match up well if they get past the Dodgers........
Oh and I'm walking over hot coals barefoot before I would consider rooting for NYY.......

Last edited:
Whether or not they win the World Series, you still have to deal with the annoying Yankee fans after the season is over.

I know a lot of Yankee fans but I don't hear any crap from them because they don't hear any crap from me. I know lots of older Italian-Americans who grew up liking the Yankees, many of them NY Giants fans also ... that was an old school thing I guess. In any case, when the season is on they are enemy #1 but our season is over so that's over for me also. In my eyes they are a great team, can't deny them that. Some of their fans will run their mouth - but that goes for all teams, there's always a % who run their mouth anyways.

My choices for World Series winner are Phillies (imagine if Pedro wins), Yankees and then Dodgers ... screw the Angels in my book. If I had to guess I would guess Phillies vs Yankees. Any of the 4 teams in the World Series will make a good game ... they are all good teams.

Man, they're gonna sweep the team that swept us. That's kind of like getting swept twice.

Not so fast.

Great job of overmanaging there Girardi.

Just like the other night, when you gutted your bullpen with your 9,000 pitching moves.

And the Yankee offense still is not in gear yet.

AND, they are an 0-2 meatball right down broadway to ARod from being DOWN 2-1.

And CC is going tomorrow on three days rest; don't you usually do that when you are trailing in a series?

If the Angels can win tomorrow, they come back with Lackey, Saunders, Weaver; there is nothing like playoff baseball.

Nothing.

And CC is going tomorrow on three days rest; don't you usually do that when you are trailing in a series?

If the Angels can win tomorrow, they come back with Lackey, Saunders, Weaver; there is nothing like playoff baseball.

Nothing.

I was shocked when Joba came out of the bullpen tonight.

So what do they do if CC and his 300# can't produce tomorrow? Bring in Joba to put the fire out/pitch long relief? He ain't exactly the guy I'd want to call on to stop an early Angels rally.

Not so fast.

Great job of overmanaging there Girardi.

Just like the other night, when you gutted your bullpen with your 9,000 pitching moves.

If they win it all ... it won't be because of Girardi ... he just gets in the way.
They just need a human with warm blood to stand in the dugout with those horses.

As for Joba ... he's perhaps a slightly better version of :ugh: Calvin Shiraldi. That guy gave me shingles.

Last edited:
Whyed you have to bring up Calvin Shiraldi, why, why, why??

Whyed you have to bring up Calvin Shiraldi, why, why, why??

Watching him meltdown in game 6 of the 1986 WS was just about the most painful sporting performance I've ever witnessed.

As in ever.

:eek: ... can't belive I'm making this thread...This Yankees team reminds me of those great teams. This is a great Yankee team ... got to give it to them. Go Yankees! I just freaking love these Yanks. Pinstripes forever

You got what you wanted! 27

Originally Posted by IcyPatriot
:eek: ... can't belive I'm making this thread...This Yankees team reminds me of those great teams. This is a great Yankee team ... got to give it to them. Go Yankees! I just freaking love these Yanks. Pinstripes forever
You got what you wanted! 27

Yeah ... okay CI ... rephrased what I said and reposted it as a quote.

Not bad enough you've been banned from the Red Sox forum
now you're begging to be banned from the site it seems ... what a bitter fool you are.

Last edited:

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back