PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rookie uniform numbers announced

bbJxS3G.png

Too bad. I wonder who has it. Jenkins? Jones? Amendola?!?!?

That being said, take these numbers with a grain of salt. It's still early. I expect Amendola to be 16 (if he hasn't snared it away from Aiken already) and Dobson to be 83 on Day 1.

Of course, it's possible that they don't want 83 being used so soon after Welker but I can't remember them being that sentimental before.

Maybe #83 is reserved for Branch?

bbJxS3G.png

Too bad. I wonder who has it. Jenkins? Jones? Amendola?!?!?

That being said, take these numbers with a grain of salt. It's still early. I expect Amendola to be 16 (if he hasn't snared it away from Aiken already) and Dobson to be 83 on Day 1.

Of course, it's possible that they don't want 83 being used so soon after Welker but I can't remember them being that sentimental before.

After Bruschi left, no one wore #54 in 2009 or 2010, and then Brian Waters wore it in 2011.

Have to pay homage this time of year:

he better wear a number like 22 (buy off Samuel), 32, 30, 31, 26 (buy off Wilson)...if he wears something like 38, 39, 43 or some random number I'll be pissed! When you look tight, you play tight!

New England Patriots Forums - PatsFans.com Patriots Fan Messageboard

Patriots Sign 19 Undrafted Free Agents, Hand Out Numbers to Rookies | New England Patriots | NESN.com

Among draft picks, second-rounders Jamie Collins and Aaron Dobson will wear No. 91 and 17 respectively. Logan Ryan will wear No. 26, Duron Harmon will wear No. 30, Josh Boyce will wear No. 82, Michael Buchanan will wear No. 99 and Steve Beauharnais will wear No. 45.

Buchanan and Beauharnis will look tight ... Ryan will look semi-tight.

collins and dobson deserve tighter numbers as higher picks.

Last edited:
I agree, Collins in my mind should be in that 50's range. 91 is an awful number. Don't mind 17 for Dobson at all. I don't think of Chad Jackson and Price at all. This is new era. And the way I look at it is how can 3 highly drafted WRs, all Bust with the #17 ???

Hmmn... the number 91 is appropriate for Jamie Collins. 9 minus 1 equals 8, which was his college number.

Hmmn... the number 91 is appropriate for Jamie Collins. 9 minus 1 equals 8, which was his college number.

I was hoping for 58 because it has 8 in it and he could be the next Von Miller. Benard probably snagged it...

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back