PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rivers was right about 1 thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I have to watch the game with different people I guess. Everyone on this board has some sort of man crush on Ellis Hobbs. It's worse than John Madden's man crush on Favre. Every week the past 8 weeks I've watched the game at a bar, or wherever, all Pats' fans do is complain about Ellis Hobbs. I'm in the minority here.

Since you're really not worth any effort, I'll just repost from an earlier thread:

Here are the numbers from the article, which you clearly didn't bother with:

1.) Opposing teams threw at Hobbs 106 times, 13th most in the NFL

2.) Samuel was thrown at 94 times

3.) Receivers Hobbs covered scored 4 touchdowns, 45th most in the NFL

4.) Asante surrendered 6 touchdowns to receivers he was covering

5.) Dré Bly and Jason David surrendered the league high of 10

6.) Hobbs allowed a 54.7% completion rate, better than 157 defenders in the NFL (30 att. min)

7.) Asante allowed a 53.2% completion rate

?

If he is really is the weakest part of the Pats defense than they're in pretty good shape. And the Pats still ended up the ball, unlike what happened to Macree's INT last year.

So I guess Randy Moss didn't really accomplish much catching 23 TD's this season... he just got lined up against bad corners on those 23 particular plays? Hobbs got a lot of improvement to do but don't start getting overly dramatic like a Jets fan.

The same NFL QB he picked off and contributed in limiting to only field goal attempts in the red zone today. I understand your overall point but you're not helping your case with these arguments.

Randy Moss is the greatest receiver in the history of the NFL. I don't think the Charger's receivers are that great...

Wow, I have to watch the game with different people I guess. Everyone on this board has some sort of man crush on Ellis Hobbs. It's worse than John Madden's man crush on Favre. Every week the past 8 weeks I've watched the game at a bar, or wherever, all Pats' fans do is complain about Ellis Hobbs. I'm in the minority here.

Translation: "I am all in on saying Hobbs sucks, so the oppion of several drunk men in a sports bar is more credible than Dan Pees and BB."

Figure it out. You're watching it with a bunch of idiots who are just as stupid and know as little about football as you....and are drunks as well.

It's like a perfect storm of stupidity.

Those numbers are as judgmental as Phil Luckett's holding calls.

Translation: Official NFL stats don't matter. Hobbs SUX 'cause I say so!:bricks:

Yeah but you don't have to be great to make catches. Reche Caldwell actually made some nice grabs against the Chargers last year before he made the biggest mistake of his life in Indy.

I'll chalk this up to wanting perfection, and I don't blame you for it. I was not happy with some of the throws Brady made today, and he is the best QB of the generation. But you gotta look at where things are now and where they were not too long ago. You remember Duane Starks getting blown out of the water in every game two years ago? I'll take Hobbs over that, especially since he doubles at a kick returner, and Belichick values guys who can do more than one thing.

We'll need a draft pick or 2 for the secondary but for now they guys are playing well ... I mean we are 18-0.

Yeah but you don't have to be great to make catches. Reche Caldwell actually made some nice grabs against the Chargers last year before he made the biggest mistake of his life in Indy.

I'll chalk this up to wanting perfection, and I don't blame you for it. I was not happy with some of the throws Brady made today, and he is the best QB of the generation. But you gotta look at where things are now and where they were not too long ago. You remember Duane Starks getting blown out of the water in every game two years ago? I'll take Hobbs over that, especially since he doubles at a kick returner, and Belichick values guys who can do more than one thing.

I wasn't much of a Starks fan, but the Patriots had so many injuries at the time that he was asked to be the shutdown corner. He might have done well on this year's Patriot defense since he wouldn't have as much responsibility like when he played for the Ravens' Super Bowl team. Hobbs has the best corner in the NFL on the other side, a bunch of veteran linebackers and Harrison to lead the D, and a solid pass rushing D-line. Hobbs is the weakest link. Put him on another team and he'll be worse than Jason David.

I wasn't much of a Starks fan, but the Patriots had so many injuries at the time that he was asked to be the shutdown corner. He might have done well on this year's Patriot defense since he wouldn't have as much responsibility like when he played for the Ravens' Super Bowl team. Hobbs has the best corner in the NFL on the other side, a bunch of veteran linebackers and Harrison to lead the D, and a solid pass rushing D-line. Hobbs is the weakest link. Put him on another team and he'll be worse than Jason David.

Maroney is made of GLASS!

There's nothing worse than Jason David.

Troll.

I caught on a while ago.
You are an idiot and a troll.

lol, if you knew me outside of this message board would you be calling me a troll? Seriously, this is a forum where people are entitled to post their opinions. I'm not posting any profanity or vulgarity. I'm stating my concern for the Patriots' secondary. Calling people names over a forum is a little pathetic.

It is going to be hard to keep #22 this year. Hope we can I am praying. Gay is as bad as Hobbs. Lets fix this and get one more!!!:rocker: :singing:

Hobbs is aggressive in general and will make some plays but it drives me nuts when he gives the occasional 20 yds cushion on a 3rd and 7 (did it once today).

lol, if you knew me outside of this message board would you be calling me a troll? Seriously, this is a forum where people are entitled to post their opinions. I'm not posting any profanity or vulgarity. I'm stating my concern for the Patriots' secondary. Calling people names over a forum is a little pathetic.

I'm not name-calling. I'm stating facts.
You are a troll.
Deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes