PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Risk/Reward... robbed of my joy.. can't lose to Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mosslost

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
This may sound crazy... but my joy is partially robbed by this AFCCG being the Steelers. I feel that even the possibility of losing to the Steelers at home in this game is too intolerable.

For instance if KC had beat them last week, I would just watch the game and have fun. Sure, if we lost I would be pissed but I could move on if were KC. I feel like I cannot wait for this game just to be over and done with, and I don't like feeling that way, and honestly I have not felt like this for a long long time. I am almost considering recording the game, going to a movie, then watching it later if we win. I'm Pathetic.

Does anyone else feel like that at all? I used to feel like this about any big game for any of the Boston sports teams, but I thought I put it behind me once and for all. (When Celtics lost game 7 to Lakers 2010 was the last time I felt this way)

The Steelers at home in this game has brought me back to it though. ugh

You'd rather have us destroy a bunch of creampuffs in a series of blowouts? Hell no.

I WANT to face the Steelers (although I have trouble getting worked up about them given how we've more or less owned them since the beginning of the Dynasty Years) rather than the Chiefs. I WANT to face Aaron Rodgers so the world can see who the best QB ever is.

I have confidence in my team, and I am completely bewildered by those who assume the worst. It's like you watch a guy make 100 free throws in a row and are convinced "he's probably going to miss the next one" just because he hasn't missed yet, rather than "he's probably going to make the next one" because he's shown you that he's a damn good free throw shooter.

If they beat us, good for them and they'll earn my respect and sincere congratulations.

This is just another manifestation of Chicken Little syndrome.

You'd rather have us destroy a bunch of creampuffs in a series of blowouts? Hell no.

I WANT to face the Steelers (although I have trouble getting worked up about them given how we've more or less owned them since the beginning of the Dynasty Years) rather than the Chiefs. I WANT to face Aaron Rodgers so the world can see who the best QB ever is.

I have confidence in my team, and I am completely bewildered by those who assume the worst. It's like you watch a guy make 100 free throws in a row and are convinced "he's probably going to miss the next one" just because he hasn't missed yet, rather than "he's probably going to make the next one" because he's shown you that he's a damn good free throw shooter.

If they beat us, good for them and they'll earn my respect and sincere congratulations.

This is just another manifestation of Chicken Little syndrome.
I don't think you got the jist of his post. It's not chicken little syndrome. It is attachment.

Yeah I think we all want the Patriots to win (I agree the Steeler fanbase is exceptionally annoying) but we've got a lot of reasons to believe in our team. If they happen to fall short, congratulate the other team and move on. Life will go on and at the end of the day, it doesn't matter one iota.

Also, who cares what they or any other fanbases say about our team. Haters gonna hate, they're just words. As Patrick Swayze says in Roadhouse "just be nice," in response to vicious verbal attacks. You'll get under their skin even more if you remain above the trash-talk. It's a fact :D

I'm supremely confident about this game.

95% of my clothing is Patriots related so I'm usually wearing something displaying my love for the team. Recently, I've run into dumb Steeler fans everywhere and they've been taunting me because they can see my colors; that just tells me one thing: they are not confident in their team's chances so they want to get all their licks in before Sunday.

Whether we win or we lose, remember it's just a football game. If they beat us (they won't), shake hands and prepare for next season.

But I highly doubt we lose to a team that couldn't score a touchdown on Kansas City. For all the mediot talk about Le'Veon, AB and Ben, none of them could get in the endzone. Against the Chiefs.

Pats got this, in perhaps convincing fashion.

That's pretty much me with the Packers, and how I'll feel if we get to the SB against them.

As for Pitt, I don't like them, but it's not intolerable if we were to lose. It'd be like the first time they've ever beaten us in the playoffs lol

Meh. I'm happy to face the Steelers. When we win it might shut people the **** up about our defense for a few hours. Then of course they'll presumably kiss Aaron Rodgers ass nice and good for two weeks. If GB wins of course, a big if.

We're not losing to Steelers or Atlanta / Green Bay.

#5 is so close now, TB ain't letting this one slip, no way, no how.

From your keyboard to God's monitor.

Ain't nothin' predetermined. It could be the goshdarn Cleveland Browns and the chance of a loss would be non-zero. "That's why they play the games," as they say.

Yeah I like our chances. I'd very much like to see Antonio Brown held to 50 yards and zero scores. I'd also like it if I woke up tomorrow morning and I was 30 and rich.. although to be fair, there's a zero chance of the latter...

I am nervous, but confident. To be a champion you have to earn it, and the best way to earn it is to beat the best teams to get there. Enjoy it! this is what the playoffs are all about. Being nervous is what makes the playoffs great.

I wouldn't want it any other way.

This is what we all waited for all season is to come down to this. The Steelers and Pats both earned their way to be in this game. Both are good teams, and one will move on to the super bowl and the other will be done.

If we lose, then we don't deserve to be champions.

May the best team win!

honeslty its all gravy from here on out with BB/TB, I would love to see them get ring #5 but they have already cemented there legacy as the best QB/Coach of all time.

My advice watch the game and enjoy yourself. I have a feeling you will be watching a fun game with a good ending.

The last playoff game for which I WASN'T nervous was the 2007 SB Vs the 10-6 NY Giants.... I will FOREVER be nervous about every playoff game no matter the opponent....that 2007 Pats team was on the brink of the single greatest season in the history of American team sports... And look how it turned out

Steelers fans around these parts have been very quiet. They're pretty nervous.

I feel like I have for most every playoff game since the 2011 Super Bowl...excited for the chance at a win, but ready to move on after a loss.

As for this game? I feel better about it than I did the Texans. That game had the "trap game" stench all over it. This one almost kinda feels like the Jest game on Christmas Eve; the Jest played us tough in NJ, and they'd played us tough for years, but the Pats are clearly a better team and it "should" be a comfortable win.

Let's hope it turns out the same way. :cool:

This may sound crazy... but my joy is partially robbed by this AFCCG being the Steelers. I feel that even the possibility of losing to the Steelers at home in this game is too intolerable.

For instance if KC had beat them last week, I would just watch the game and have fun. Sure, if we lost I would be pissed but I could move on if were KC. I feel like I cannot wait for this game just to be over and done with, and I don't like feeling that way, and honestly I have not felt like this for a long long time. I am almost considering recording the game, going to a movie, then watching it later if we win. I'm Pathetic.

Does anyone else feel like that at all? I used to feel like this about any big game for any of the Boston sports teams, but I thought I put it behind me once and for all. (When Celtics lost game 7 to Lakers 2010 was the last time I felt this way)

The Media likes to build up games as much as possible. Local mediots like to make clickbait statements.

The Patriots are simply the better team. watch the game. It should be a good one.

Brady isn't going to lose this one.

Since 2002, every season has been precious in that it's an opportunity to win. A loss today or in two weeks makes the day that the Patriots have won the most Super Bowls ever at least another year further away. So, I feel the same as you.

Except I know the Stillers suck, we will beat them and then we'd better get ready for a business trip; that affair in Houston will be the toughest game of the year.

I don't think you got the jist of his post. It's not chicken little syndrome. It is attachment.

Think we're going to have to agree to disagree here. It's the same basis for all these "I'm so skeered of <fillinblankwithteamthatjustplayedagoodgame>". Bring it! We're playing for legacy, not validation.

Yup .I used to feel the same vs manning's teams. I couldnt fathom losing to him in the playoffs. I was rooting for the chiefs for the same reason :D

Meh. I'm happy to face the Steelers. When we win it might shut people the **** up about our defense for a few hours. Then of course they'll presumably kiss Aaron Rodgers ass nice and good for two weeks. If GB wins of course, a big if.

If GB loses which Packer will the media blame for failing "the Great Aaron Rodgers"? Because it won't be his fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back