PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RIP Tom Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP coach........

i wonder if brady flies home from costa rica right away? my guess is yes. RIP Tom Martinez.

Apparently Tom is still vacationing in Costa Rica upon this sad news.

Hope he gets word fast to get back to the states to be able to attend the funeral.

Seemed like a great guy,he will be missed by many.

Re: For Tom Brady, sad news on a personal and professional level

My condolences to all of Mr. Martinez' friends and family. although i dont know for sure but TB looked pretty close to him...

RIP, ז"ל

Last edited:
Brady's father said something to the effect, that without Tom Martinez there would be no Tom Brady..

RIP...

RIP.

seems there was a lot of genuine affection between Martinez and Brady.

He'd been battling illness a while now. At least he's at peace now.

Condolences out to the family. RIP.

I wonder if in some motivational way; (not just how he pushed matinez on getting a transplant) that TB & the Pats SB run had given him something to hold out for ... to see his golden boy win another one.

If so the SB loss might have been a bit more disappointing for him and his body might have given up a little bit of the fight.

One more reason to go aaarrrrrggghhhh. Would have been nice if they had won it for both MHK and TM.

Sad news. RIP Tom Martinez.

Brady has a fundraising event on Thursday at his old high school. Either way, I think he would have been back after hearing about the death of his mentor.

RIP.

I became a huge fan of Martinez as soon as I saw "The QB Whisperer", as much as he was a brilliant mind with regards to throwing the ball he seemed like an even better person.

120131-BradyMartinez-hmed-6p.photoblog600.jpg

RIP Coach Martinez. Pretty sure Tom was informed right away and probably flying out to his funeral. My condolences to all his beloved family.

Rest in peace. Very sad that he couldn't get the kidney transplant in time - heart really goes out to the Martinez family & friends.

Condolences out to the family. RIP.

I wonder if in some motivational way; (not just how he pushed matinez on getting a transplant) that TB & the Pats SB run had given him something to hold out for ... to see his golden boy win another one.

If so the SB loss might have been a bit more disappointing for him and his body might have given up a little bit of the fight.

One more reason to go aaarrrrrggghhhh. Would have been nice if they had won it for both MHK and TM.

I will never understand why some folks have the need to go there...

Dialysis bought him some time. The doctors who were treating him initially gave him days to live several months ago. He was going to die soon either way absent a transplant which itself he may not have survived because of the damage his diabetes was causing to his entire body all along. He'd been in declining health for years and frankly looked a decade older than he was. Tom and several other well heeled acquaintances after being confronted with that reality encouraged him not to go down without a fight.

Ultimately he lost the fight, but in the process he got to realize while he was still alive just how much he meant to so many people whose lives he had touched and that clearly added much joy to his life experience. As I'm sure watching his most well known protoge, who credited him at every turn, go to 5 Super Bowls and enter the GOAT discussion at the position did over the last decade or so. Vince Wilfork's parents never even got to see him graduate from college before the same disease ended their lives...

RIP coach.

Very sorry to hear about this loss for the Martinez family and the Brady family as well. It was great, though, that Tom Martinez could be profiled on Super Bowl weekend and recognized for his great work and friendship with Tom Brady and other football players. Best to all who knew Mr. Martinez.

Just heard the news this morning. My condolences to the Martinez family. RIP

RIP and thank you for Mentoring the Franchise.

Who fixes Tom now :eek:

RIP coach. Sorry for the loss.

My girl just texted saying Brady died, I dropped everything and ran to ESPN, omg what a sick joke, I am going to kill her.

RIP to Martinez.

It's a sad day indeed.

If Brady is off, hopefully he can remember what Martinez taught him.

RIP Martinez

My deepest condolences to all Tom Martinez's loved ones, and rest his soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back