PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Riddle me this batman...10 sec runoff rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumby

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
How is that the 10 second run off rule which supposedly was a big discussion topic last weekend and we all learned "IS ENFORCED" on false starts; but "IS NOT ENFORCED" on illegal procedure is now this weekend..............

SELECTIVELY APPLIED????????

SAN DIEGO vs KANSAS CITY = NOT APPLIED
Timeout #2 by SD at 00:11.
1st and 10 at SD 30 :)11) PENALTY on KC-K.Wilson, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at SD 30 - No Play.
1st and 15 at SD 35 :)11) L.Tynes 53 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-K.Gammon, Holder-D.Colquitt. 27 30

PITT vs ATLANTA APPLIED
Pittsburgh Steelers at 0:25 PIT ATL
1st and 10 at PIT 42 :)25) (Shotgun) C.Batch pass deep left to H.Ward to ATL 33 for 25 yards (J.Webster).
1st and 10 at ATL 33 :)17) PENALTY on PIT-N.Washington, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at ATL 33 - No Play.
Overtime

In the Atlanta game they run off the 10secs; (here in game track they show it as called at 17 secs; but as I recall it was with 7 seconds left, so then the 4th quarter was over when they ran the time off.

But in the KC game they didn't. With 11 secs left it probably wouldn't have made a difference. They still had 1 second to run the play; but even so it seems like a very simple rule.......HOW COME IN TWO SUCCESSIVE WEEKS WE CANT HAVE ONE ANSWER TO THE SAME SITUATION????????????????

Was the clock running in the Pitt game (did Ward get out of bounds)? I think the y only run 10 seconds when the clock is already running because there would be no reason to commit an intentional penalty if the clock is already stopped.

Ed Hillel said:
Was the clock running in the Pitt game (did Ward get out of bounds)? I think the y only run 10 seconds when the clock is already running because there would be no reason to commit an intentional penalty if the clock is already stopped.

That is the answer. The 10 second runoff is only appied if the clock was running prior to the penalty.

Ok, Thanks. that at least makes sense.

There was a timeout called prior to the non-runoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back