PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Rhein... Fire" - ugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldEnglandPatriot

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Rich Eisen is okay on NFL Network, but he really does try too hard to be 'funny' and 'cool'. Besides his cringeworthy attempts to talk 'street' with young black players, he is reeeeally grating on me with his current little gimmick: Every time he refers to NFL Europe team Rhein Fire, he says 'Rhein...' (big pause) and then 'fire' in a daft voice.

It's really irritating and unfunny.

Anyone agree?

Never watched NFLE. I love him on NFL Total Access, though. I was watching live when he threw his hat in the ring to be the next NFL Commissioner :D

I like Eisen. i think when he tries to be hip with the young black guys, it's more toungue in cheek than anything else. Now, Stuart Scott, that's a different story.

i hate that **** eyed wanna be Stuart Scott. he is the worst.

BelichickFan said:
Never watched NFLE. I love him on NFL Total Access, though. I was watching live when he threw his hat in the ring to be the next NFL Commissioner :D

I just find that stuff, what's the American word.. 'sophomoric' - ??

I think he is an excellent presenter overall. I enjoy his interviews with Mike Perreira in particular, when he makes it pretty clear what he thinks but maintains a good relationship. I just find his constant 'reaching' for humour is a little overdone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes