PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex's Press Conference re: Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, BB counts rings won as a DC too, as he named his boat 6 Rings.

But he has won as a HC.

I highly doubt he had a "Two Rings" bought before 2002.

wow, I have gained a lot of respect for Rex ! d%#*!@t, I wanted to hate him though, but I can't !

As I mentioned before, I love watching his pressers and have truly gotten to appreciate him and his entertainment value. Seems like a good guy.

He's obviously trying to screw around with Dion's head - - would be fun if Dion had a great game and just quietly loitered by the Bills sideline during timeouts once it became a blowout........of course he wouldn't be allowed to say anything (he's a Patriot now) but a few long satisfied glares would be enough.

I've gained a lot of respect for Ryan ever since deflate gate. The guy doesn't make excuses, and is just focused on the game itself and not *****ing about thinking the Patriots are doing this and that blah blah blah.

Rex Ryan> Jim Harbaugh, Mike Tomlin, anyone in the Colts coaching/front office.

I have NONE. Zero. He goes from one defense to another to another and starts chirping right away. He has ZERO success to stand on to allow his bluster. Zero. He has next to zero control over in game scenarios. Rex would be better served to shut up and keep that talk inside the locker room.

It seriously makes him sound insane. I for one, don't appreciate insanity.

I have NONE. Zero. He goes from one defense to another to another and starts chirping right away. He has ZERO success to stand on to allow his bluster. Zero. He has next to zero control over in game scenarios. Rex would be better served to shut up and keep that talk inside the locker room.

Zero success?

Rex Ryan got Mark Sanchez to back-to-back AFCCGs. How is that zero success?

Zero success?

Rings. Rings in the NFL is defined as success. He doesn't have ONE. He talks like he's got 10.

Rings. Rings in the NFL is defined as success. He doesn't have ONE. He talks like he's got 10.

So there are around 100 NFL coaches who have career winning records, have won playoff games, been to Super Bowls that have no won one.

To say Rex Ryan has not had success is wrong.

You can certainty argue if he is a good coach or not.

Rex is a funny guy and keeps the division entertaining. I like having him around and do have some respect for him as a coach, more than any other AFCE head coach during the Brady era.

His team's have failed spectacularly before but he also led them to two AFCCG's. And he has had success against Brady before. Of course he has a bad overall record against us and has been humiliated by the Pats before BUT he has given us a difficult time in the past two years with a crap team. We won three but they were nail biters. Plus we can never forget the 2010 divisional round. You gotta respect Rex for beating the best team in the league on their own turf. That felt like a sure fire Super Bowl season...

So yeah I do respect Rex.

I love hearing Rex talk, but he seems like an inverse Bill Parcells. Parcells was great at taking a down and out team and turning them around to be a playoff caliber team (if not outright making the playoffs).

Rex can take a talented team and get the most out of them (mostly defensively and he needs a strong OC to carry that side of the team) to make them contenders. but, his player evaluations seem to be that the teams success decreases as time wears on (Sorta like what Gruden did with Dungy's team in Tampa 2002).

Zero success?

That's right. He's been as successful as the Cleveland Browns, Detroit Lions, Philadelphia Eagles, Atlanta Falcons, Minnesota Vikings, Cincinnati Bengals, Tennessee Titans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Arizona Cardinals, Houston Texans, San Diego Chargers and his new team the Buffalo Bills.

I'm sure he'll be proud to adorn his bedroom wall with these:

2nd place.png

So there are around 100 NFL coaches who have career winning records, have won playoff games, been to Super Bowls that have no won one.

To say Rex Ryan has not had success is wrong.

You can certainty argue if he is a good coach or not.

Glad to see we are of the participation trophy mindset here. If BB only got to 2 AFCCG I'd say big deal. Rex talks likes he's actually won something.

Rex is a funny guy and keeps the division entertaining. I like having him around and do have some respect for him as a coach, more than any other AFCE head coach during the Brady era.

His team's have failed spectacularly before but he also led them to two AFCCG's. And he has had success against Brady before. Of course he has a bad overall record against us and has been humiliated by the Pats before BUT he has given us a difficult time in the past two years with a crap team. We won three but they were nail biters. Plus we can never forget the 2010 divisional round. You gotta respect Rex for beating the best team in the league on their own turf. That felt like a sure fire Super Bowl season...

So yeah I do respect Rex.

Keeps the division entertaining? Huh. Here I thought it was about the teams. Cameron Wake makes the division entertaing. Suh, Dareus, Brady, Gronk. They make the division entertaining. Not some windbag coach who thinks he's hot stuff. He compliments, then swipes or vice versa. He's a joke and while he has had some success he bluster is untenable.

Glad to see we are of the participation trophy mindset here. If BB only got to 2 AFCCG I'd say big deal. Rex talks likes he's actually won something.

Keeps the division entertaining? Huh. Here I thought it was about the teams. Cameron Wake makes the division entertaing. Suh, Dareus, Brady, Gronk. They make the division entertaining. Not some windbag coach who thinks he's hot stuff. He compliments, then swipes or vice versa. He's a joke and while he has had some success he bluster is untenable.

Oh please, lighten up. It's great entertainment. Plus it makes BB and the Patriots look all the more devastatingly professional in contrast.

It's enjoyable to watch it all play out.

Wasn't it Breer who asked BB after the KC game if the quarterback position was going to be "evaluated?"
Mike Giardi I think. Breer was the "on to cincinnati" questioner.

I'm detecting sarcasm. You are off base.

Having success and being successful are two very different things and there is a threshold for each.

Rex Ryan has had success. Does that mean he is a successful coach? Very debatable.

How stringent do you want to be here?

For example, Marv Levy and Bud Grant were successful coaches but never won a Super Bowl.

Does that make their careers unsuccessful?

I'm detecting sarcasm. You are off base.

Having success and being successful are two very different things and there is a threshold for each.

Rex Ryan has had success. Does that mean he is a successful coach? Very debatable.

How stringent do you want to be here?

For example, Marv Levy and Bud Grant were successful coaches but never won a Super Bowl.

Does that make their careers unsuccessful?

For the most part, yes. There are varying levels of success I suppose, but I just can't stand the Rex stuff. I don't remmber Levy shooting is mouth off. And him and Rex have won the same amount. Zero.

Point is if no one listened to that blowhard, he would be nothing. I always thought people in general would just laugh in the face of blowhards. Guess the times are changing.

For the most part, yes. There are varying levels of success I suppose, but I just can't stand the Rex stuff. I don't remmber Levy shooting is mouth off. And him and Rex have won the same amount. Zero.

Point is if no one listened to that blowhard, he would be nothing. I always thought people in general would just laugh in the face of blowhards. Guess the times are changing.
Rex is a showman. He talks a big game.

I think we agree, though. Rex has had success in the NFL but actually being successful is very questionable and a strong case can be made is that he just isn't. Hell, he hasn't had a winning record since 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents