Welcome to PatsFans.com

Revis Interview at Training Camp

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by KDPPatsfan85, Jul 25, 2014.

1. KDPPatsfan85

KDPPatsfan85 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +130 / 3 / -8

#51 Jersey

2. Peachhead

Peachhead PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

If anyone saw BB's presser yesterday. He was asked about Revis and the predominant theme of his answer was "he's still learning the system" (my interpretation at least).

And I got the feeling that we were seeing a preview of the pitch BB's gonna use to try to keep Revis here past this year.

BB: "Darrelle, I mean sure, you can be a mercenary and keep switching teams year after year. Chasing every last dollar. But that means you'll be learning new systems every year. Getting used to new surroundings and coaches, etc. Never reaching your full potential."

"Or you can stay here in the same system , with a perennial SB contender, chasing rings, reaching your full potential and putting together a HOF career. So Darrelle, do you want to be very rich, or do you want to be a legend, a HOFer, maybe with a few SB rings, AND still be pretty rich? " :D

(Revis may already be a future HOFer. But IMO it isn't a lock yet.)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  3. QB12

QB12 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +20 / 1 / -5

#12 Jersey

4. PATS16N0

PATS16N0 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +395 / 35 / -24

#12 Jersey

Only thing I took from it is that he's doing his very best not to cause problems or media frenzies. All of his answers were very weighed and calculated, and anytime the reporters jumped on something, he walked it back

5. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +181 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

I took that more to mean now that I am a Patriot and not so much a reference to the future.