PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Request: More inner circle insights into Belichick and Patriots Ops (direct quotes, first hand)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdangle

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I love this stuff. Can't get enough of tidbits like this. Not talking heads conjecture, but direct quotes and thoughts from coaches, players, gms, those in the know, so to speak - and their first hand accounts of those oh so rare glimpses into the inner workings of the Patriots coaching staff and the mysterious workings of BB.

Anyway just a general request to the board to post this kinda stuff if they find it. Short and sweet is ok by me. It's really just a snippet, but if we have a whole page of them, then months of them, well then... now were talking! And woohoo, you can post as many direct quotes as you want from any source.

'BB' connection of Bret Bielema to Bill Belichick is paying off for Patriots

"the people who really have success are the ones that understand what a player may be in college and what he can project to be at their level with the right development, with the right system, with the right plan,” he said.

“That’s why I think Coach [Bill] Belichick and the Patriots do so well, they [target] guys to play specific roles and let them develop into it. … I think they recognize the value of what these guys are going to be.”

With White and Flowers, it took both of them one full season before they were in position to make an impact with the Patriots. That highlights the development Bielema speaks of, and he wouldn’t be surprised if Wise writes a similar story this year.

“He’s a guy that had a huge junior year and senior year he was a little banged up. His potential is off the charts when he’s healthy,” he said.​

----

Anyway just an idea I thought I'd share with my fellow PF'ers. :)

Last edited:
Mike Lombardi has a ton of inside info from his time with BB, which extends all the way back to the Cleveland days.

He's featured on several podcasts, but lately can be found on the GM Street episodes of the Ringer NFL Podcast:

Pod: The All-Trade Team with Michael Lombardi – The Ringer

Episode 102 in particular is filled with lots of draft bits from his time with the Raiders and Patriots.

Sorry about no link, but Brady's breakdown of the SB51 comeback in part 1 of the podcast he did with Peter King is a great listen.

Even if you hate Peter King's articles, he gets great guests on his podcasts and is s good interviewer. His one with Chris Collinsworth is also good.

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back