PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Request: can we use "CAMERAgate" instead of "Spygate" please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCPatsFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I have two points to support my request and will be glad to hear other's thoughts:

(1) 'Spying' is clandestine activity and normally interpreted in a negative manner. Worst, it lead the reader to unconsciously classify the activity as one of the ways to cheat.

(2) I wince when I read Patsfans casually type Pats/we "cheated". Some might think that it is mere semantics but I wish we do not fall into a trap by the way the media uses words because it immediately puts us in an undefensible position. Cheating is wrong. Plain and simple.

Was our taping cheating? Given the vague interpretations of the rule and the fact that the same taping can be done at any place from the stands, I don't think so. It is 'advance scouting' IMO. So, why write that we 'cheated' when the league itself has not called it so and the issue is still being hotly debated?

Based on the above, I humbly request the fans on this forum to use 'camera-gate' and avoid using the term 'cheat'.

Thanks!

Fire away...

Last edited:
Seconded. Spying, cheating, it's all crap. Again, we did a legal activity (sign stealing) in an illegal manner in open view of everyone. It wasn't spying nor cheating.

I vote for "This Merits a Gate?-Gate."

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes