PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reports/Speculation: Texans will pursue Caserio AGAIN after 2020 Draft/UPDATE - Rumor: He wants out

Status
Not open for further replies.
As others have said, now we know an extension with the Pats is imminent...

It’s fun how everyone is running with that “report”. I was open to the possibility NC wanted to leave, until the BV “report”...

Now that we know what Volin’s story is, what is the real story?
That’s easy to figure out. The exact opposite of whatever Volin reports is usually the real story.

I haven't read this entire thread, but to me, this is a complete non-issue. Even if Nick Caserio leaves, it'll be business as usual for the Pats. So many coordinators, staff members, etc, have left. Lombardi trophies are continuing to pile up. No one is irreplaceable except BB (IMHO). When Brady finally retires, that will be the only bump in the road as we try to find another franchise QB. BB + franchise QB, as long as we have these two, I am not sweating any of these news.

I haven't read this entire thread, but to me, this is a complete non-issue. Even if Nick Caserio leaves, it'll be business as usual for the Pats. So many coordinators, staff members, etc, have left. Lombardi trophies are continuing to pile up. No one is irreplaceable except BB (IMHO). When Brady finally retires, that will be the only bump in the road as we try to find another franchise QB. BB + franchise QB, as long as we have these two, I am not sweating any of these news.
You had me agreeing until you said no one is irreplaceable except BB. I would add TB to that list, and maybe even JMcD. When one of those 3 goes, but in my mind especially Brady, a return to the pack is a likely (though depressing) scenario.

You had me agreeing until you said no one is irreplaceable except BB. I would add TB to that list, and maybe even JMcD. When one of those 3 goes, but in my mind especially Brady, a return to the pack is a likely (though depressing) scenario.
Danny Etling

I’m honestly curious here so please riddle me this: Which part of my thesis do you “seriously doubt”? (1) My belief that if our hypothetical situation came to pass the Commissioner would rule against the Patriots or (2) my belief that the Patriots would lose in federal court?

(Disclaimer: I realize the hypothetical isn’t happening in this case because the matter has been dropped by the Texans but it sure seems to me that it’s worth understanding for the future)

I don’t care about your thesis. And if it actually were a hypothetical you wouldn’t be claiming to be right because it’s hypothetical. If you want to talk philosophy go to a coffee shop and bring a chessboard.

If he really wants out then why the hell would the team want to force him to stay? It’s not in either sides best interest to keep someone in place who isn’t happy. If he ends up staying then I think Volin is full of crap.

If he really wanted out the Patriots would have used the leverage the tampering charge gave them to trade Caserio to Houston. And the only person claiming he wants out has ZERO credibility, and he hates the Patriots and tries to stir sh.t up for clicks.

It does sound like Caserio wanted the Texans job. Now I do not think tampering should be condoned or rewarded, so the Pats were right to raise a stink. But if he really wants to go, I doubt he would be really missed.

I like Josh, but do you really think a return to the pack would be likely if he left?

If he really wants out then why the hell would the team want to force him to stay? It’s not in either sides best interest to keep someone in place who isn’t happy.

One reason could (repeat: could) be that they feel the staff is too small to afford to lose him. Caserio is an on-the-field guy as well as being an executive type, and they may be relying on him to offset some of the staff losses.

Caserio has been groomed to take over when BB hangs up the whistle. Losing Caserio would sting.

Mickey D and Caserio are the duo of the future.

I disagree only in that I think Belichick has been grooming him to take over full control of football operations when he steps down. Caserio isn’t just another staff member, he’s the one trained to provide continuation of the Belichick program after he’s gone. Either way we will find out soon enough, I’m betting they sign a new deal with him, and the Texans will be looking for a new GM somewhere other than NE.

Or Volin could be right?

What a f**king moron.

If Caserio really wants out like this dumbass paints it then nothing is stopping him from handing in his resignation, taking a year off with his contract supposedly being up in 2020 and being free to go to any team then.

This f**cking hack is acting like the Pats going the tampering route was them tying Caserio up in a chair putting a gun to his head.

And like vultures on a piece of fresh meat the rest of media is feasting on this hack's zero sources citied "report"

Man just seeing this I want Caserio to sign an extension down the road. See how this f**ckhead spins it. Because he has firmly put himself on the "Caserio wants out" hill. Not "Caserio wants the GM title and more say" or a new contract.

He cannot just up and leave NE and work for another NFL franchise anytime soon. Caserio wants to ply his trade yesterday and not set on his *** all day doing nothing.

Part of the issue is people are not willing to wait forever. Was true with Brady and is true with BB. No one knows when they will exit.

My GOD! I can't believe most of you have put ANY validity behind this story. It was written by Ben F*cking Volin. The only Patriot beat reporter who has fewer sources inside Gillette than me.....and I have NONE!

This is the SAME Ben Volin who, one the same day that the Texans called off the chase, reported that "the deal was done, and Casserio was DEFINITELY going to Houston". Now you want me to believe that for the rest of this year Casserio will be another "disgruntled" Patriot employee. When will you learn.

ANYTHING that starts with the term "as reported by Ben Volin" needs to be immediately redacted. PFT should know that by now...,and so should the rest of you. Until someone with legitimate (read as real and not imaginary) reports this, its a non-story, fake news, or however you want to call it.

BTW- notice that not a single other beat reporter has written anything even similar. They are all to busy snickering behind Volin's back.

Josh is very good but he he is not even REMOTELY in the same class as BB and TB. Very few are.
BB and TB are the goats at their respective gigs. That is indisputable.
But TB has a strong case to supplant the
great Jim Brown as " the greatest football player of all time".
While Josh is great, even he would blush at his name being mentioned in the same breath as those 2 legends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back