PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reports: Jerry Jones Profits From Influencing Team Relocations, NFL Wanted Oakland To Evict A's

Status
Not open for further replies.
The student/teacher ratio has little if any influence on the quality of education a student receives. You take from it what you put into it, for better or worse.
Bull ****. Research and experience show exactly the opposite. Nice try. Many studies show teacher pupil ratios are important in all grades and particularly critical in grades K-4.

Bull ****. Research and experience show exactly the opposite. Nice try. Many studies show teacher pupil ratios are important in all grades and particularly critical in grades K-4.

Agree. The research that supports cutting school funding or not increasing school funding is based only on core course test results and ignores everything else. It ignores that other staffing are included in the student/teacher ratio. It ignores advanced placement programs, art programs, music programs etc... are cut to support the common core classes. It ignores the effect a quality school system has on local real estate rates and crime rates. It ignores the mandated cost of special needs children. It ignores the costs of keeping lesson plans up to date.

What is unbelievable is that people blindly believe it.

The interconnectivity between the A's and Giants only complicated matters for the Raiders. The A's have been dying to move to San Jose where there is money and will to build a stadium. The Giants blocked the move as they were granted Silicon Valley territorial rights after threatening to move to Tampa in 1993. The Giants changed ownership a few years back and said they were open to a San Jose deal for the A's, but I think that just stalled. In the meantime, the A's remain in limbo in Oakland.

If the A's had been allowed to relocate to San Jose, Oakland would probably either ponied up some money to keep the Raiders or perhaps leased or sold the land where the current stadium resides to allow a new stadium to be built.

I would not be surprised to see both the A's and Raiders out of Oakland within 5-10 years.

Regards,
Chris

Last edited:
Does Jerry own the company that will build the new stadium? When do the Pats play the Raiders on the road next? Another 8-years? Or if they finish tops in their respective divisions they could play in 2018? The stadium won't be built by then. So the chances of TFB playing in Vegas is slim.

C'mon, there are very valuable lessons for young people in what Las Vegas City Council did. Life lessons...ones that will last.
Yep. They learn that money talks. That's a more important life lesson than learning that the mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell.

When I started teaching in Boston in 1969 I never had a class with under 28 students my first couple of years, and most were over 30. After 3 years of this, I was part of a group of teachers working with BU, and we changed the structure of the how the school was structured and we were able to lower that number so it averaged 22/class.
I can't tell you what a difference it made, not only in how much easier it made for the teachers to do their jobs, but how the kids responded. Not only was discipline light years better, but we sent more kids to the 2 exam schools than any JHS in the city, and our sports teams suddenly were winning city championships.

It was more than just the class size difference, but that was a key part of it
I assume then that more teachers were added to the payroll too, and to the union.

I assume then that more teachers were added to the payroll too, and to the union.
Actually, despite your extremely snide and totally e
actually despite your snide remark, you are wrong, like most of your obvious political opinions. If I thought for a moment you were at the least bit open minded I would bother to explain how we did it with the minimal amount of additional hires. But like the politicians you follow you, you don't want to hear about ideas that actually work if they came from someone other than the "right political pedigree".

And even if we had, God forbid districts hire more teachers so class room sizes might become more managable. But not to worry, under the current administration you'll get to live a life without unions, or minimum wages, or any of those small impediments to equality. Better that LV class room sizes grow to 30+. Public schools don't really need to truly educate and inspire children to be greater than the sum of their surroundings. They just need to prepare poor students for a life of menial labor. Better that billion dollars be spent so Mark Davis can have enough luxury boxes that they don't have to mix with any "regular people" at football games.

From now on we will be building what this country has been striving to escape from for the last 160 years. That is a permantly undereducated underclass so desperate for work that they can be exploited for cheap and readily available labor. Congratulations on the America you won. :rolleyes:

BTW- If I over reacted, my apologies in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST