Remind you of anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheerforTom

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5276256

6. Leon Lett's Premature Celebration

Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle Leon Lett had a knack for making memorable blunders. In Super Bowl XXVII, he scooped up a fumble by Bills quarterback Frank Reich and raced 64 yards toward the goal line. He was celebrating as he neared pay dirt, leaving the ball exposed.

And Bills receiver Don Beebe caught him from behind, swatting the ball loose to keep the big fella from scoring.

"We were getting blown out and for him to do that ... it sends chills down my body every time I see it, because Don Beebe reflected the Buffalo Bills, the whole attitude of the team, in just one play," quarterback Jim Kelly recalled.

Beebe's strip stands as one of the greatest — yet most pointless — hustle plays of all time. The Cowboys held on to defeat the Bills 52-17.

I know it's not EXACTLY the same, but still...

Read them all while you're at it, some are pretty funny.

I don't post very often but stop here numerous times every day. I just need to know why you have that pic as your signature? Doesn't make sense to me to beat your chest over that hit considering the result. Feel free to fire back at me but having that pic as your sig is on the same level as the trolls who come here to sling meaningless smack.

Sorry but I've been wanting to get that off my chest since for a couple weeks now. aahhhhh...relief

Right after the final ruling, I told my father in law that Bailey was inches away from being the new Leon Lett. I didn't get any argument from him either.

DetroitPATSdiehard said:
I don't post very often but stop here numerous times every day. I just need to know why you have that pic as your signature? Doesn't make sense to me to beat your chest over that hit considering the result. Feel free to fire back at me but having that pic as your sig is on the same level as the trolls who come here to sling meaningless smack.

Sorry but I've been wanting to get that off my chest since for a couple weeks now. aahhhhh...relief

There's no "smack" being slung by the picture at all. I was going to label it 'Bronc-owned' (which I still think is kinda clever), but didn't since we didn't own the Broncos in any way, shape or form. I put it up to honor Ben Watson, who made one of the best efforts I've ever seen. When you take everything into account (how demoralizing seeing that must have been especially), to make that kind of effort and get nothing for it whatsoever is just plain wrong. I'm not commenting on what should have been called, just on the fact that Watson didn't get any reward for an incredible play. So that's my picture because it was one of the most inspiring things I've ever seen.

That being said, I tend not to take kindly to people who pick fights with me for no particular reason. Glad you were able to get something off your chest, but comparing me to a troll is something I don't appreciate.

I wasnt trying to pick a fight, just point out how silly that looks as a signature. I understand your explanation and agree with you...but my take was before reading this explanation, which is how people will most likely view it.

Free country, silly or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes