PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

remember that time Jonathan vilma was suspended a whole year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could this morph into a "Kurt Flood" type decision if Brady decides to push it?? Not about FA, but about the legal processes that the NFL uses. It seems that in this case there were obvious shortcomings as a baseline for the inflation of footballs was never documented and only allegedly determined. So if that is how they determine fault the whole incident is flawed.

I hope that Brady uses his "deep pockets" and unleashes the full fury against the NFL...

I have complete confidence Brady will get the suspension down to 2 or even 0 games. Between there being no evidence against him and his being within his rights to not turn over his phone this should be easy - to me, a non lawyer.

The draft picks, that seems a lot trickier and likely why they did it. Knowing they could "get" the Patriots that way.

Because defamation suits of famous people almost never make it to trial. If you are a public person, it is very hard to defame you. You basically have to show strong evidence of malicious intent.

I think Brady, through Yee is laying the groundwork for it, by claiming that Wells went into the investigation believing Brady was guilty and basically skewed the evidence to prove that. If Brady can show that Wells created a story to make him look guilty by manipulating the evidence when the evidence shows otherwise, then Brady has a case.
Right, I get everything you are saying, but if defamation is so hard to prove why did NFL overturn Vilma's suspension. I would think Vilma would have had to have a case that scared the NFL into reducing the suspension, otherwise why change anything???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back