PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Source: Maroney placed on IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
That'd be awesome if BJGE became some PS to starting stud story.

He was activated for last weeks game.

Yes he was, but our EXCELLENT OC did not use him in the offense until the end of the game. I am becoming more and more UNIMPRESSED with Josh Mcdaniels with each game that passes, even the ones that we win.

That'd be awesome if BJGE became some PS to starting stud story.

He had a grab for a few yards last week which is good cause he has "poor hands" according to the scout reports.

The OC has had some dodgy calls for us maybe we might see wildcat soon if we loose a few half the division is already using it.

Last edited:
Re: Maroney to IR

The guy just can't catch a break, health-wise.

I have a real tough time when people "blame" players for being injured.

I'm not saying that personal care and conditioning doesn't play a factor - but I tend to agree its just bad luck with Maroney, given the different sorts of injury.

If anyone can tell me there's clinical evidence of athletes that have weak joints, ligaments, tendons, etc. I'd be interested to know about such clinical issues that make one "prone to injury".

This really pisses me off! I'm over Maroney, it's time to move on. Look for the Pats to look for a back in the offseason that stay on the damn field.

I have a real tough time when people "blame" players for being injured.

I'm not saying that personal care and conditioning doesn't play a factor - but I tend to agree its just bad luck with Maroney, given the different sorts of injury.

If anyone can tell me there's clinical evidence of athletes that have weak joints, ligaments, tendons, etc. I'd be interested to know about such clinical issues that make one "prone to injury".

As someone who has pretty 'tight' hips, I've done some research on this stuff. Here's an article about it, involving children, but you can find plenty on adults.

Types of Sports Injuries and How They Can Be Prevented

Here's a key passage for you:

The second important way to prevent injuries in children is to take particular care to match the child to the appropriate sport. As important as the physical match-up is the emotional match-up for the child. Loose-jointed children appear to be particularly susceptible to injuries in contact sports; the best sports for these children are non-contact sports such as track and field or rowing. As the opposite extreme, children with very tight ligaments appear to have an increased risk of injury, particularly to the back and spine, from such activities as ballet and gymnastics. Children are particularly susceptible to injuries to the extremities and spine during growth sports.

Some people are more naturally prone to injury, but Maroney made it through college alright, which suggests that he was either fortunate in college or snakebitten to this point in the NFL.

My thoughts exactly.Thats on him if he cant keep healthy.Sick and tired of hearing Maroney being hurt.The problem is who will want this guy, nobody.

Too many carries in college. That's the reason why he is breaking down so young. Simple reason.

If Neal is ready to start our OL will look a lot better and so will the RB Neal is blocking for. Watch Morris have a big game today, and everyone shun Maroney

Too many carries in college. That's the reason why he is breaking down so young. Simple reason.

He split carries with Marion Barber in Minnesota and Barber seems to be holding up just fine.

To paraphrase Coach, "Maroney was what he was." He wasn't Curtis Martin nor even was he Corey, but he was a decent--not spectacular--NFL RB.

However, Maroney was saddled with high expectations from the beginning. Remember when Shanahan said that Laurence was going to be a major NFL star? I recall watching his NCAA clips after he was drafted and thinking, "Wow, how did that guy fall to us?"

For whatever reason, he wasn't able to take the daily pounding that an RB takes in the NFL, including, it seems, on the practice field. I defended him many times out here, but now I join with those who say it's time to move on, both in terms of our thoughts and expectations as well as practically. It's a damn shame, since we didn't need to lose both our QB and our "top" running threat in two months. Also a shame because we have other holes to fill in the Draft and Free Agency after we used a Number One on an RB so recently.

The only consolation is that with the (at least temporary) end of the Cap, Bob Kraft will be one of the few NFL owners who, if he wants to, will be able to open his wallet to pick up someone strong.

Last edited:
He was activated for last weeks game.

Awesome. So he should be seeing some playing time tonight. I'll be watching with eager eyes.

if the report is true, i feel bad for him.

as for will the team suffer without him? no, even when he's healthy, he hasn't been consistent, he might showed some good runs here and there, but he's clearly not the best back on this team, morris, jordan, faulk are all better then him.

its hard to imagine a shoulder injury being a season ender after 6 weeks. so the pats think he cant recover in the next 10-11 weeks.has to be a serious injury. iam just a little surprised tha he practiced before the SD game,gave the 'issue' interview and therafter has been missing from everywhere.

Eh, I guess we can add "running back" to our draft needs this year. Is Maroney EVER going to get healthy?

No....I don't believe so......he has been injury plagued since he got here....I really had high hopes for him here.....now don't see his future here in NE....will NEVER be an every down star back here....has not developed in that fashion the way the Pats hoped....and again has been terribly injury prone......only spot he might be able to do is a "Faulk" like role coming in sporadically to move the chains......we shall see next year...

I guess Belichick never really wanted a running game.

He should have addressed this problem in last year's draft.

I wonder if he will next year...

LM frankly sucks ass.

Nice guy, but just sucks ass.

maybe the rookie has some skilz?

i sure hope so

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back