PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Players are Loose Heading into SB49

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Just read this morning, and I think it's important, that the team is relaxed and loose ahead of tonight's game.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-...544/quick-hit-thoughts-around-patriots-nfl-13

1. The biggest takeaway from being around the Patriots is how loose they are, and Bill Belichick's decision to cancel the team's walkthrough on Saturday has contributed to the let's-let-it-rip and have-some-fun feel among players. In that sense, this is the anti-2011 when things seemed a bit tighter.

This, as Reiss said, is in stark contrast to the team in SB46. I don't know about you guys, but this makes me feel a little bit less anxious about tonight - not saying we will win but not as nervous as I was before. Anyone remember Brady before SB36 when he fell asleep right before the game feeling relaxed and confident? That's what I hope to see today.

Last edited:
Just as nervous. But a few of the key guys (Gronk, Blount) seemed confident when interviewed. We'll see.

I'm feeling great about this one. 9-1 in last 10 sb wearing white and 6-0 with bruschi as honorary captain.

Odd - I thought the Patriots, Brady & Belichick being loose was the theme before SB46?? We heard they had great practices that week, too. And look, they weren't far from winning that game, not saying it doesn't matter. Just saying what really matters is what happens between 6:30-10:00 tonight. Gotta execute 60 minutes this time.

Yeah, guys, why be optimistic at all?

I'd rather they are fired up, rather loose

The difference is they are healthy this year and we have a mean and smart defense. We couldn't ask for a better situation. It's us against the world. I just wanna see Brady holding the trophy tonight. And I wanna see a classic picture of Brady and Revis holding it together. Jets fans will cry into their beers. I believe if we win Revis will come back to defend his title.

Don't worry I'm sure that both teams will be angry as heck during this game.
Patriots because all the naysayers and Deflate gate scum.
Seahawks because their performing enhancing skittles?
Latimer from the program ring any bells?
Petey can sure shoot I mean coach them up.
Roid Gate

I'd rather they are fired up, rather loose
They'll be fired up. But better to be loose and confident than nervous and tense.

Odd - I thought the Patriots, Brady & Belichick being loose was the theme before SB46?? We heard they had great practices that week, too. And look, they weren't far from winning that game, not saying it doesn't matter. Just saying what really matters is what happens between 6:30-10:00 tonight. Gotta execute 60 minutes this time.
we overachieved that year….surprised we even made it to the SB in 2011... and Gronk wasnt healthy for the SB that year.

this year is the Patriots. I feel that they've been the best team in the league.

Feeling loose and relaxed is a direct by product of sound preparation and confidence.
I like hearing this.

I doesn't make ME any less nervous but I like hearing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back