PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss game by game predictions for the 2011 Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one that jumped out to me at first was a loss to the Raiders. But, after thinking about it, the combination of crossing three time zones to play on the west coast with a 3-0 team looking ahead to the next game against the Jets may indeed set that one up as being more difficult than expected. Besides, as the Browns reminded us last year, nearly every team every season has at least one unexpectedly really bad game.

The one that jumped out to me at first was a loss to the Raiders. But, after thinking about it, the combination of crossing three time zones to play on the west coast with a 3-0 team looking ahead to the next game against the Jets may indeed set that one up as being more difficult than expected. Besides, as the Browns reminded us last year, nearly every team every season has at least one unexpectedly really bad game.

I just don't think that will be the one. Along with their pre request for Seymour on the conference call, they should request the as yet to be determined QB their rookie HC settles on. Maybe the JETS will soften them up for us, or maybe they'll be riding high coming off an upset win against them... Either way Bill will have some great film to dissect heading to Oakland.

Looking at the division and the individual schedules and scheduling, I could see the rest of ours going .500... JETS fans are already whining about 3 straight early season road games against Oakland, Baltimore and NE...and then after the SNF rematch with us they have to travel to Denver for Thanksgiving night... And they open hosting Rob's new Cowboys squad. I see them hovering around .500 for most of the season although it gets easier to make up a little ground down the stretch.

I see half a dozen potential tough games for us, at worst I think we split those. 13-3, 12-4 most likely. But 14-2 wouldn't surprise me if we're relatively healthy. Chargers here early after a cake walk in Denver goes to their heads works for me. Jets here early coming off a tough opening stretch, ditto. Patriots West will be motivated so glad old home week is occurring here. Eagles could be challenging depending on which QB is standing. There's always Peyton although in our house is preferable. Visiting the Meadowlands on the backend after some focused revenge scheming by Rex could be interesting. Steelers almost always make it a game so it's nice they and the Cowboys with that other Ryan as their new DC are here and sandwiched around the bye.

Hoyer should see some snaps down the home stretch.

One good thing about the lockout is it's muted the usual post FA insane pre season buzz about a lot of teams.

I just don't see them losing to BOTH Phi and the Giants. If it happened, it would be the first time they lost to two NFC teasm in a year since 2000!!. In the 40 games since then vs NFC, they are 35-5, losing only to Stl in 2001, GB in 2002, Wash in 2003, Car in 2005 and NO in 2009..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back