PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Brady may not have appealed if he lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading Reiss' Sunday notes column only accentuates how pathetically lazy Ben Volin is. I saw someone's print edition of today's Globe and his notes column is 75% cut and paste data from the NFL guidebook.

Volin literally is working off of Cliff's Notes. it's one thing to earn the MCI label - he can't help being born simple-minded, but he is also lazy.

Reiss' work is first-person reporting, thorough and thought provoking.

Hopefully Bill Simmons or MMQB can hire him away from ESPN.

I'm seriously wondering if some form of SI or Sporting News, or new company can develop print and TV/other media company and lure the reporters who either left ESPN or are outside it, like Kirwan, Simmons, Reiss and othe decent ESPNers etc.

what I was thinking is a counter move to ESPN owning rights and the fees for actual sports by producing no live sports shows, just highlights, and fighting in court for the right to use minimal highlights and their own interviews and programs.

Light footprint, in other words, while cable goes down the drain and ESPN and others profitability with it.

How much of ESPN programming is actual games anyway? Not much.

A network with low overhead, not beholde, like ESPN and NFL.com are, with great production values, on air and print talent and hollywood ability to produce shows?

I pay $59 to mystery services and tickets disappear :)
The key to traffic/speeding stops is to admit guilt before the officer can tell you what you did wrong. "You got me." Cops immediately loosen up because the confrontation never had to occur. One cop said to me after I admitted guilt up front with the excuse that he caught me on a downhill..."You know I have you at high speed of the day.....high five!" ...so I high fived him. Go figure. I was going 93mph and left the stop with a no seat belt warning.
In the last 5 years....7 pull overs, zero tickets. My wife....4 for 4

So you accept the penalties.

I do not possess legal training so forgive me if I am wrong but it seems to me as though Brady & Kessler won this case outright on its merits. There was no need for an endless array of appeals seeking obscure technicalities.

Are you talking about Berman's decision? Of course it was in doubt.
Yes I was talking about Berman's decision, though I probably should have added IMHO -

But really AS the ONLY reason some people had to be worried was because of so called legal experts telling us the NFL should win and them base it on things like Garvey (which obviously didn't apply) and other rulings that were completely different from this case.

Once I had the Garvey issue explained to me by the legal minds here, and it became clear to me that Kessler was basing his case on the policies and procedures of the CBA and arbitration Law and NOT on "if anything was actually done." There was no way I could see the Judge ruling any other way. And then when you add the Judge's questions and behavior toward the NFL side, it was a slam dunk.

Think about it. The media has a vested interest to keep the people interested in the DRAMA of Deflategate. They almost have an obligation to keep the question in doubt in order to keep everyone's interest. So you hear stories about how, "if a judge yells at one side, he's really trying to force the other side to the table". Or having mediots constantly bring up Garvey, or the fact that overturning an arbiter's appeal is hard do (unless its the NFL)

It's almost like the days when Ali was fighting the bum of the month, and the media would build up the bum hype so people might think he actually stood a chance to win. Same here. Once you knew the facts of Kessler's case and enough about Garvey to understand why it didn't apply here, WHAT other decision could the judge have possibly given.

The BOTTOM LINE was that the NFL didn't have to do much in the arbitration process to keep Section 46 from being questioned........AND they couldn't even do that. They were so brazen and arrogant that they couldn't even do the few "fair" things that they needed to do to win this case.

So I guess YES, I thought the outcome was a "sure thing", and I wasn't surprised in the least. If you remember my first reaction was to hope it was only the first court case Brady would win and to complain about ESPN's coverage of the story. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST