Not open for further replies.

DefenseRules

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

May 13, 2006
Sights & sounds
Sights and sounds from the Patriots’ locker room at rookie minicamp:

* Kicker Steve Gostkowski, wearing jersey No. 3, has occupied Doug Flutie’s old locker. He’s next to fellow kicker Martin Gramatica (No. 7). Gostkowski drew a large media crowd and, quickly adapting to his surroundings, said his favorite baseball team is the Red Sox.

* Laurence Maroney on his first impressions of New England: “It’s like Minnesota. Cold. Nasty. I’m used to it.â€

* Veterans Dan Koppen and Lonie Paxton were present in the locker room after participating in the team’s offseason program. When Paxton walked by rookie Dan Stevenson, who was conducting an interview, he told him that sometimes it's best not to say too much. Stevenson then joked that the interview was over. Such is the life of a rookie.

* Maroney on picking No. 39: “They gave me a list of numbers. I knew number 22 was gone [to Asante Samuel] and my next choice was number [Ellis Hobbs’] 27. It’s a new number for me, but like I said, the number doesn’t make me, you make the number.â€

* Veteran linebacker Barry Gardner will wear No. 98, while fellow veteran linebacker Jeremy Loyd has No. 96.

The team's practice at 3 p.m. ET is open to the media. We'll have more a bit later in the day.

Mike also had a small piece on BB's press conference in his blog.
Poor Gostowski, the Boston media is already closing in. The kid hasn't even had his first NFL practice yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
DefenseRules said:
Poor Gostowski, the Boston media is already closing in. The kid hasn't even had his first NFL practice yet.
He's going to have the pressure on him, he might as well feel it from day one and get used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back