PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Red Sox Acquire Joey Gathright

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I like this move by Theo - we had nothing behind Jacoby.

The Associated Press: Red Sox get OF Gathright in trade with Orioles
BALTIMORE — The Boston Red Sox have obtained minor league outfielder Joey Gathright from the Baltimore Orioles for a player to be named or cash.

The deal was completed Saturday. Gathright has 428 games of major league experience, including 20 this season with the Chicago Cubs. The 28-year-old speedster was traded by the Cubs to the Orioles in May for Ryan Freel, but Gathright never played a game for Baltimore.

After coming over from Chicago, Gathright was immediately assigned to Baltimore's Triple-A affiliate in Norfolk, where he hit .329 with 24 steals, 11 doubles and 20 RBIs in 80 games.

Tazawa Sent Down to Rookie League, McBeth Called up From Pawtucket - Boston Red Sox - NESN.com

With just two days remaining until rosters expand and an always-present need for arms, the Boston Red Sox have sent Junichi Tazawa to the Gulf Coast League and called up right-handed pitcher Marcus McBeth from Triple-A Pawtucket.

McBeth, 29, is 2-2 with a 2.70 ERA in 42 appearances for the PawSox this year. He has 62 strikeouts and just 27 walks, holding batters to a .199 batting average. He appeared in 23 major league games in 2007 for the Cincinnati Reds, going 3-2 with a 5.95 ERA.

Last edited:
what a crazy year for roster moves for both the redsox and the pawsox this year. I've been to about ten games in pawtucket this year and every time i go there are so many new faces. i cant keep track of them.

what a crazy year for roster moves for both the redsox and the pawsox this year. I've been to about ten games in pawtucket this year and every time i go there are so many new faces. i cant keep track of them.

Think Theo is thinking Dave Roberts (stolen base) with the Gathright move?;)

With credit to the bard.....

[FONT=&quot]Is this a ball which I see before me,[/FONT]
The handle toward the plate? Come, let me clutch thee.
I have thee not, and yet I see thee still.
Art thou not, fatal vision, sensible
To feeling as to sight? Or art thou but[FONT=&quot] a curve ball[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
A pitch of the mind, a false creation,
Proceeding from the heat-oppressed brain?
I see thee yet, in form as palpable
As this which now I throw......[/FONT]

Oh wrong McBeth....never mind...

Give me a break, it's a slow Sunday morning and I'm only halfway through my coffee........

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Back