Which Would be good Free Agent Signing(s) from Below

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

marcus

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Plenty of decent talent still available. Best value and fit for Pats needs How about-

Sam Adams
Kendrick Allen
Chris Baker
Tony Banks
Josh Brown
Nate Burleson
Chris Claiborne
Marcus Coleman
Sam Cowart
Nail Diggs
Andre Dyson
Tony Fisher
Jay Foreman
Rod Gardner
Derrick Gibson
Carlos Hall
Warrick Holdman
Andy Mccollum
Antwan Peek
Tommy Polley
Peerless Price
Cory Raymer
Lance Schulters
Jamie Sharper
Ike Taylor
Trey Teague
Lenny Walls
Eric Warfield
Dez White
Kelly Washington

I'm really tired of talking and looking at potential Patriot FAs. Everytime I look up, another one is being signed by another team. It's sick! I'd rather just wait until they actually sign somebody rather than guessing who they should sign. That way I'm not as disappointed. Maybe they will surprise us one day and actually sign someone that's worth anything.

Be patient. Don't forget key signings like Otis Smith, Keith Byars, and Bryan Cox - they didn't come on board in March, but much, much later. You're gonna pass out if you hold your breath. :)

Dez White fits the MO of a Belichick signing. He's an average receiver, flying under the radar.

I didn't know Claiborne's a free agent. He's the guy. I also think Washington has a great deal of talent, if he can get his head right.

Last edited:
dryheat44 said:
I didn't know Claiborne's a free agent. He's the guy. I also think Washington has a great deal of talent, if he can get his head right.

He was released on March 2nd by the Rams.

We won't sign either one of them and their not even that good. BB and Pioli are really starting to develope a bad rep with the way they treat dedicated players. That's why Kraft had to step in with the Troy Brown negotiations. It will be hard to get good FA players once the dynasty falls. We are not far away from that with the way we are letting core players without attempting to re-sign them. It doesn't look like a great place to work!

Terence said:
We won't sign either one of them and their not even that good. BB and Pioli are really starting to develope a bad rep with the way they treat dedicated players. That's why Kraft had to step in with the Troy Brown negotiations. It will be hard to get good FA players once the dynasty falls. We are not far away from that with the way we are letting core players without attempting to re-sign them. It doesn't look like a great place to work!
OK! WRonG! If you say so!

Terence said:
It will be hard to get good FA players once the dynasty falls. We are not far away from that with the way we are letting core players without attempting to re-sign them. It doesn't look like a great place to work!
Name one. Just one.

Well I just think from that list we need to add serious depth in the secondary. We're way to thin to head into the season this way.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Name one. Just one.

What do you mean just name one? Where have you been? Try McGinest, Givens, Law, Vin. Contracts should have been extended to these guys long before it came to this. How can you not gaurantee Vinatieri money? That's a slap in the face right there. All he has done is been clutch! Their value goes farther than just their production on the field, which by the way they are still producing. Don't forget that Law had 10 ints last year. The guys that we are losing are key leaders. And eventually, it will catch up with us. You'll see!

Oh boy.....

Attachments

• sucks2.jpg
    sucks2.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 75
Terence said:
What do you mean just name one? Where have you been? Try McGinest, Givens, Law, Vin. Contracts should have been extended to these guys long before it came to this. How can you not gaurantee Vinatieri money? That's a slap in the face right there. All he has done is been clutch! Their value goes farther than just their production on the field, which by the way they are still producing. Don't forget that Law had 10 ints last year. The guys that we are losing are key leaders. And eventually, it will catch up with us. You'll see!

Terence -
You obviously haven't been paying attention to REALITY and you've been listening to the 3 Stooges, Borges, Cafardo and Michael Smith.

1) Ty Law - The Patriots tried on numerous occasions to re-negotiate Ty Law's deal. Including offering him a 4 year/$26 million deal that had $14-$16 million guaranteed.

2) Willie McGinest - The Patriots tried for weeks after the end of the season to negotiate an extension with Willie. One couldn't be reached. The Patriots continued to stay in contact with him after they cut him. Belichick called him several times and Kraft called him after he had signed with Cleveland to thank him personally.

3) Adam Vinatieri - The Patriots tried prior to LAST season to get Vinatieri signed to a deal. Then Vinatieri's agent got suspended and Adam didn't choose another one until 2 weeks after the season was over. Then, the Patriots made Adam an offer that, though it didn't have a LOT of guaranteed money, it would have made Adam the highest paid kicker in the league. Adam turned them down.

4) David Givens - The Pats were in the negotiations until David was "given a sign" and decided to sign with the Titans.

So, how about you get some real information instead of relying on the 3 Stooges of the Boston Media.

Terence said:
What do you mean just name one? Where have you been? Try McGinest, attempted to re-sign
Givens, attempted to re-sign
Law, attempted to re-sign
Vin. attempted to re-sign

Would you like to try again?

Edit: Serves me right for not reading through to the end of the thread and seeing that DaBruinz answered already, and actually put forth some effort doing so.

Last edited:
Here's a couple

Brad Kassell ILB TEN 6-3 242 26. Good player that's flying under the radar.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/316139

Mike Pearson OT JAX 6-7 302 26. Hurt last 2 years but young enough to rebound and become a solid RT. A good gamble for short money.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302213

Charles Woodson CB Oak 6-1 200 30. Yeah, it's a big name, but I think this guy can still play. If we're going to spend let's get somebody good.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12841

Marc Boerigter WR KC 6-3 220 28. His names been thrown around here. He's not the Messiah, but could potentially be a good pickup.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/316192

Nick Greisen ILB NYG 6-1 245 27. Underrated and overlooked young guy. 165 tackles last 2 years.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302038

These are just a few, but I can see us taking a couple of chances with mid-level short money low-risk players that can be easily cut without harsh cap implications. Maybe take a chance on an Idrees Bashir, Jamar Fletcher or a Quinton Caver.

DaBruinz said:
Terence -
You obviously haven't been paying attention to REALITY and you've been listening to the 3 Stooges, Borges, Cafardo and Michael Smith.

1) Ty Law - The Patriots tried on numerous occasions to re-negotiate Ty Law's deal. Including offering him a 4 year/$26 million deal that had $14-$16 million guaranteed.

2) Willie McGinest - The Patriots tried for weeks after the end of the season to negotiate an extension with Willie. One couldn't be reached. The Patriots continued to stay in contact with him after they cut him. Belichick called him several times and Kraft called him after he had signed with Cleveland to thank him personally.

3) Adam Vinatieri - The Patriots tried prior to LAST season to get Vinatieri signed to a deal. Then Vinatieri's agent got suspended and Adam didn't choose another one until 2 weeks after the season was over. Then, the Patriots made Adam an offer that, though it didn't have a LOT of guaranteed money, it would have made Adam the highest paid kicker in the league. Adam turned them down.

4) David Givens - The Pats were in the negotiations until David was "given a sign" and decided to sign with the Titans.

So, how about you get some real information instead of relying on the 3 Stooges of the Boston Media.

I'm sorry! I forgot that you were sitting in on the negotiations. My bad! You can say what you want to say! Everybody knows that BB is not a people's person. He is really heartless when it comes to his players. He's a great coach, but heartless when it comes to dealing with players! Like I said before, NONE of Adam's money was gauranteed. Have you not been paying attention? If Givens would have been given the right offer early last year, he would have already re-signed. McGinest said that they never even approached him after the season about re-doing his contract. Why? You let them hit the market and expect them to take a low ball deal. That's bogus!

Charles Woodson is a guy I would love to have. Unfortunatley, hes on a decline especially because injuries and he wouldnt mind moving to S which would better suit him now with the loss of speed. If he does move to safety, then it'll likely be free which we have a young man by the name of Eugene Wilson who is still learning and tried to play without a leader that hes llearned so much from. I hear he asks for big bucks, we dont offer too much so its very unlikely.

Greisen wouldnt be a bad pickup. He would be a very solid backup on our team but he left the Giants because he wanted to start and with Pierce back, he likely wouldnt.

Players in the secondary must be the hardest players to scout overall. If there was any one position where I could say that BB/Pioli/Scout Staff has done a poor job, that would be it.

Ty Poole and Duane Starks are gone (Throw the ball on OAK). Ty Law and Lawer Milloy were good but left.

Harrison was a solid signing, but can he get healthy?

Wilson is decent but was lost last year without Rodney.

Samuels is solid, but has poor hands (I know the joke about DB's who are just 2nd rate WR's)

Hobbs is raw, but coming along nicely (great find)

After that the depth is not very stable looking. (C.Scott, G.Scott, Poteat, Gay et al).

This is an area of need and that's why I think a Woodson-type would re-envigorate this unit.

Eh, I really dont think Samuel has bad hands. I think his problem is concentrating on the ball and player when the WR is about make a cut, he slips a lot or just has a somewhat slow reaction.

Chad Scott can play S and CB for us. He isnt that fast so a backup S is good.

Safety position right now looks like this

Wilson-starter
Harrison-starter
Sanders
Hawkins
Scott-CB/S
Scott-Guss
Gay-CB/S

I think its a pretty solid group but i dont see either of the guys filling in for Harrison so we need to draft a guy who can be an immediate leader.

CB
Samuel
Hobbs
Gay
Scott
Poteat

now, we know Samuel is going to start, Hobbs and Gay will battle it out between themselves and Scott aswell as possible a CB if we get 1. I think that would be great depth because most are young and can play if the leadership at DB is there which Hawkins came in and brought

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes