PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reche Caldwell, freaky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weishuhn

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
No deep analysis here. Just need to ask if anyone else is as creeped out by Caldwell's eyes as I am. In the first quarter, I noticed them after a catch and thought, OK early game deer-in-the-haedlights look. But as the game went on he always looked like that. I was having flashbacks to Marty Feldman movies, God rest him, except Caldwell's eyes are properly aligned. Anyawy, if he can catch the balls thrown his way I can learn to avert my eyes after the whistle.

Weishuhn said:
No deep analysis here. Just need to ask if anyone else is as creeped out by Caldwell's eyes as I am. In the first quarter, I noticed them after a catch and thought, OK early game deer-in-the-haedlights look. But as the game went on he always looked like that. I was having flashbacks to Marty Feldman movies, God rest him, except Caldwell's eyes are properly aligned. Anyawy, if he can catch the balls thrown his way I can learn to avert my eyes after the whistle.

I noticed the same thing. Thought he just had the yips. He seems to play well against us, hence he is aceing practice. Had some struggles tonight - looked a little lost pre snap at times and Sharpe mentioned he was struggling with his positioning (I think Brady had to redirect him at least once - reminded me of that RB we picked up late last year who Tom practically had to take TO's to get on the same page with). I hope he gets better and Deion caves in because he does not look at all like a #1.

Warfields eyes are more freaky...

It's almost like rookie jitters. Hope that doesn't continue.

I think Warfield's eyes are even freakier. He looks like a cat.

Last edited by a moderator:
OT- But I noticed Eric Warfield wearing the number 23. I dont have a good feeling about this!

I recall Brady repositioning Watson SEVERAL times last year, and Watson (a guy who got into Duke) was in his second year in the system. I thought Caldwell had a solid game. Not great, but better. That diving catch he made was really nice.

great insight and I have to agree.

really hope he gets that fixed. :eek: If you can't get YAC with this QB throwing to you, you never will.

Still doesn't temper my overall positive vibe to this point. We really haven't seen the offense in full flight (even w/o Deion)...once we get a serious gameplan and everyone is on the same page, and we're not deploying a million substitutions during a drive then we'll know just how unstoppable this O is.

the taildragger said:
great insight and I have to agree.

really hope he gets that fixed. :eek: If you can't get YAC with this QB throwing to you, you never will.

Still doesn't temper my overall positive vibe to this point. We really haven't seen the offense in full flight (even w/o Deion)...once we get a serious gameplan and everyone is on the same page, and we're not deploying a million substitutions during a drive then we'll know just how unstoppable this O is.
How is he supposed to get YAC when he is right on the sidelines when he catches the ball and there is a defender right next to him.

Kdo5 said:
How is he supposed to get YAC when he is right on the sidelines when he catches the ball and there is a defender right next to him.

um, I guess in that case he won't. guess I was kind of making a larger point.

What's weird is we had some San Diego troll visit here, and say he always had great camps, then collapsed.

Okay, there's no proof, and this is way-off base - but what if he's got a ton of talent but suffers from some version of "stage fright..."? That would account for the "rookie jitters" impression.

Don't everybody pounce at once. I know it's assuming frame of mind... but he does look a little nuts out there in the pic.

BTW, great pull, whoever noticed that the Pat Patriot mascot in the background has pretty much the same look on his face.

PFnV

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back