PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reche Caldwell Excitement

Status
Not open for further replies.
SeanBruschi54 said:
O ok i just thought you were just going through showing stats of drafted players in the last decade or so. My fault for not reading back.

Another thing you have to consider with the Patriots is that Belichick and Pioli dont draft for huge results in players first years. Only major exceptions like Seymour fall into that category.

Dont look for Jackson to have crazy numbers anything from 400 - 800 yards is very reasonable anything more can be arguable.
As I said before I'd be ecstatic with 400 - 800 yards from him. 800 would be more than Givens had in his FOURTH (last) year.

JoeSixPat said:
Injury fears would probably have Branch being used very cautiously in camp regardless of whether he was here or not, as he's been used cautiously in camp in the past as well.

I'm a Caldwell skeptic (though I'd love to be wrong) - as with a season high of 28 receptions in a season I want to keep my expectations reasonable - and also, even though this has been a much "tougher" camp, WR's probably know that as going up for a catch that the DBs aren't literally trying to rip their heads off.

Joe -
Those 28 receptions were as the 5th receiving option in the Chargers offense. He was behind Gates, McCardell, Parker, and Tomlinson. McCardell and Parker each caught over 70% of the passes thrown to them. Those 4 players caught 86% of the receptions for the team. Caldwell caught 67% of the passes thrown to him. Which is actually better than what Givens did. Not to mention that Caldwell was returning from his ACL injury last season.

I fully see Caldwell doing everything that Givens did, except that Caldwell can also run the ball on the reverse and has done so previously.

i was at the season ticket (im on the waiting list) practice and saw for myself what everyones been saying

the one person that really stood out at the practice was definitely caldwell

i could see him getting around 60 recs this year

DaBruinz said:
Joe -
Those 28 receptions were as the 5th receiving option in the Chargers offense. He was behind Gates, McCardell, Parker, and Tomlinson. McCardell and Parker each caught over 70% of the passes thrown to them. Those 4 players caught 86% of the receptions for the team. Caldwell caught 67% of the passes thrown to him. Which is actually better than what Givens did. Not to mention that Caldwell was returning from his ACL injury last season.

I fully see Caldwell doing everything that Givens did, except that Caldwell can also run the ball on the reverse and has done so previously.

Reche has one other thing that Givens does not. He Has very good speed, Givens does not. If he performs as camp is beginning to suggest, Reche Caldwell for David Givens is an UPGRADE. The Patriots WR corps is then #1 Dion and #1 Reche with athe top rated rookie Chad as the #3 developing WR.

spacecrime said:
It's never to early to believe anything WILL happen. What you are looking for is assurance, and that won't come until mid-season or later.

Darn it, I want iron clad assurances now!!! :) Kidding.

JoeSixPat said:
Injury fears would probably have Branch being used very cautiously in camp regardless of whether he was here or not, as he's been used cautiously in camp in the past as well.

I'm a Caldwell skeptic (though I'd love to be wrong) - as with a season high of 28 receptions in a season I want to keep my expectations reasonable - and also, even though this has been a much "tougher" camp, WR's probably know that as going up for a catch that the DBs aren't literally trying to rip their heads off.

That "minor" psychology advantage is something that Rodney Harrison has used to his advantage during the regular season and it does make a difference, but really isn't in play during training camp drills. So I take a lot of practice reports with a grain of salt - as it really is quite literally, only practice.

JoeSix, good point on them limiting Branch's play. They would have. Now, BB doesn't have to answer questions on why? They can just negotiate, try to get the best deal possible, and later on Branch comes back. Everybody says, "it's a business, no hard feelings, and let's rock".

beantown said:
I am a transplanted fan who has lived in San Diego for the last 10 years. Reche Caldwell always had good camps with the Chargers. In the season he has hands of stone. Of all the Charger games that I have watched I can honestly tell you that the first big catch he makes will be the first big catch of his career!

Fair enough. He made a big TD catch against the Pats this past season. Appreciate the input. Let's hope he loves this offense, and has a big year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST