PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reasons why the Patriots should trade for Josh Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. No. Just no.

This guy jaywalks and he's banned for life.

It's the Browns. Trade for next years 1st and 2017 4th rounder.

Gordon is an elite talent yes, but has a 10 cent head. I don't trust him not to get suspended again in the future. For a conditional 7th round pick, based on him not getting suspended, ok I could see that risk being worthwhile. But I don't think the Browns would do that so it's just not going to happen.

I trade a 2017 5th

No. No. Just no.

This guy jaywalks and he's banned for life.

Setting up the next round of NFLPA representing a Pats' player against Godell. Kessler vs. Nash etc. Epic!

Maybe our new strategy for dealing with the league office would be to give them easy targets for suspensions to pacify their apparent thirst for "getting" the Pats on something.

Didn't pay much attention to it, but this guy was screwed by the league -- and the Browns owner saying he was disappointed in Gordon instead of fighting the league is a Bobby move.

Josh had marijuana problems in college -- big deal
Josh had a DUI -- that's a very big deal.
The probation period shouldn't be 'not allowed to drink alcohol' -- it should be 'not allowed to have another DUI'
He misunderstood the probation period -- given that he was having drinks with his teammates, he certainly wasn't trying to hide it -- both the team and his agent f'ed up in not making sure he understood when the season ended.

In no other sports league would the above resulted in a 1.3 season suspension

Just like in no other sports league would a player who wasn't even under contract be required to show up to a drug test and then get put on probation for failing to show up when the notification to do so was sent to an old address, and then have a marijuana offense escalate to almost a season suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST