PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RB Devin Moore holds private workout in Indy

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Neat story and decent numbers actually. Maybe he'll be one of the bargain RB's to come out rip it up in the NFL. Gotta love his attitude.

NFL.com Blogs Blog Archive Wyoming RB Moore has his (pro) day in Indy

Wyoming RB Devin Moore wasn’t invited to the NFL Scouting Combine, so he had to find another way to get his foot in the door.

Not only did he get in, but he had the first official workout in front of NFL team officials in Indianapolis.

Moore, who grew up in Indianapolis and attended high school there, held his own private “pro day” on Thursday at a sports-training facility near the airport. Fourteen teams attended the “off-campus” workout at which Moore ran the 40-yard dash in 4.43 and 4.41 seconds, had a 35-inch vertical jump and a 10-foot long jump, posted short-shuttle runs of 4.22 and 4.29 seconds and a 7.14-second cone drill, and did 27 repetitions on the bench press.

Moore’s 4.41-second 40 would have ranked fifth-best at last year’s combine among running backs. Moore, who was measured at 5-foot-9½ and weighed 190 pounds, is the all-time leading rusher in Wyoming history and was the Mountain West Conference rushing champion last season.

– Gil Brandt

I like this kid as I have said before with the success of Chris Johnson, Steve Slaton and Felix Jones there were be a market for this guys talents. I really disappointed he did not get the invite to the combine but at least the scouts were able to see him. I really thought he was going to run in the mid 4.3's but still good numbers.

eventually, faulk is going to wear down or get hurt for an extended period of time...........the pats need to have another RB like that on the roster

I would be thrilled with Moore with the predicted comp pick for Asante Samuel or anytime later. I think he would be a great eventual replacement for Kevin Faulk, could be used some at WR, and would be a Darrin Sproles kind of all-purpose guy. 4.41-4.43 is just fine for him - I'm glad he didn't time off the charts. He looks like the kind of guy who plays faster than his timed speed from the footage I've seen of him, though I haven't had much of a chance to watch him live. I know BOR wasn't terribly impressed with him at the Texas vs. the Nation game, but I think he at least deserves a workout.

No...for further elaboration please refer to my post in the Pro-Day thread.
kilroy-smiley-6268.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes