PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ray Rice transcript raises questions

He still has value as a fall guy. This might be like a statement from an owner that the current 2-10 coach has his full support. (Well, I hope at least. :) )

Excellent point. I also hope you're right.

If I ever make a top ten list of the things that Goodless does that bother me, his phony baloney hug on draft day would probably be there. I wonder what would happen if a draftee just gave him a handshake?

I don't know that the conduct policy is that stupid. It seems designed to fix or avoid repeats of a bunch of mistakes he never should have made in the first place.
The stupid part is trying to do it without involving the NFLPA.

Really interesting read - very worthwhile clicking that link. It's been an ugly but fascinating inside look at the league, the Ravens, and the dynamics of league decisions.
Some aspects of the NFL are incredibly well-managed. Others are just sloppy - and this seems to have been surprisingly sloppy for such a high-profile issue.
On one hand, there is the story of player entitlement - an example of a player exploding with violence when someone talked back to him. On the other hand, there is a very similar story of league executive entitlement - a blustery series of decisions seemingly based on gut-feel, and the perception that the gut feel of the chief executive is all the league needs.
Now the NFL is saying that ESPN is lying in the story.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back