PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ravens will likely release RB Willis McGahee & his $6m salary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ravens will likely release McGahee

pretty good power runner who the ravens utilize at their goal line over rice, he can get tough yardage. id take a chance on him if he came fairly cheap, otherwise go draft someone or leave BJGE in there.

Didn't he have a fumbling issue? I could be wrong.

Thats what puzzles me about these threads. Not that I wouldn't be opposed to picking up a RB, but you've got a 1000 yard rb who never fumbles and is one of the top RB in not having negative yards. Is there some table that shows yardage-fumbles = rating.

he surely would be an upgrade over morris and taylor.
I'd happily have a committee of BJGE/McGahee/Woodhead.

Not a big fan of Ravens players as they seem to hate us but he would give us a nice trio of RBs and would allow us to save draft picks for other more pressing needs.

Due to the age of BJGE and Woodhead I would perfer to compliment them with vet backs anyway. I would perfer a backfield of BJGE, Woodhead, Faulk, and a Vet back who can actually take reps from the above. I know Faulk and Woodhead perform similar roles but it is important enough to the team to warrant both. The quartet above would leave us wothout a FB and I believe Willis has some experience there otherwise we might need to carry 5 or make a tough decision.

I am not against a rookie and would love to find some yound back who can be a stud/potential pro bowler but I think we have a good starting point for a good rushing attack and the need is not there.

I really think RB is a young mans game. Corey Dillon is a should be hall of famer and we got one outstanding year out of him. Spend some picks (not necessarily high ones either, lots of the best running backs haven't been the absolute biggest, fastest). You'll have hits and misses, but you won't have guys with parts that are just worn out as much as we have in recent years.

Just my opinion. BJGE and Woodhead are solid character guys, so get some more young legs I say.

Last edited:

2 fumbles last season and 19 in his 8 year career....so about 2.3 a season. So, not really a "fumbling issue", it's still more than any of our RB's but it's an average amount.

Ravens will likely release McGahee

Forget the veteran FAs. We have a steady and productive BJGE, I rather spend a couple mid round picks to see if we can find a home run back.

I'm not opposed to signing McGahee. I see him more of a replacement to Morris as a goaline back who could also carry the load. He's a better RB than Morris, but you'd lose out on ST value. Chances are McGahee will get a shot on a team that has a starting position open (ie Colts, Saints, Seahawks). He's good enough to be a starter.

McGahee is a good back, but so is BJGE. We need more of a slasher right now and McGahee isn't going to solve that problem.

I'd take a look at McGahee, not to take BJGE's job, but to help keep him fresh on power runs.

id much rather draft a younger back than mcgahee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back