PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rap Sheet: Taylor Price can’t attend OTAs until June 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. The NFL is a specialized case, but students from quarter/trimester schools often have trouble fitting their schedules to summer programs like internships. (And as a one-time TA at such a school, I have to say the short courses are kind of bizarre. Students have to choose term project topics when they've barely started to study a subject.)

I knew a professor at one such school that became such hot stuff with multiple schools bidding for his services, he negotiated a course release, ended up working only 2 of the trimesters (his school was on a 2-2-1 load), which amount to 6 months out of the year!

The schools with late graduation dates are well-known to NFL teams. Ohio State is another example.

The schools with late graduation dates are well-known to NFL teams. Ohio State is another example.
Yeah they're on the quarter system too I got friend that goes there.

It's not a stupid rule

I somewhat agree. Without the rule, plenty of draftees would feel obliged to miss the end of their schooling and potentially miss out on a degree.

But I think there should be some middle ground. You shouldn't be kept out of work because SOMEBODY on your campus still has class requirements, only because YOU do. And what about redshirt seniors who already have their degrees? Does the rule apply to them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft