PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or did Randy want out of New England? Just based on these two quotes:

Wes Welker said:
Not knowing he wanted to be traded the whole time was a little bit disappointing

Randy Moss said:
Did I want to get traded out of New England? I don’t really know what the answer is. You don't know what's in your own head? Hello McFly!

They are both basically saying it was Randy's idea.

BB and Moss are both saying what they should be saying. Bottom line.......... SOMETHING was said, and done between the two of them.

It could be as simple as

RM - Do you plan on resigning me?

BB - No

RM - Trade me, or I'll be a douche the rest of the year.

BB - Okay, give me a few days.

RM - Thanks.

Seriously, there was obviously some pretty deep talks between the two of them and it ended in him being traded without a whole lot of drama. Both are now keeping their end of the bargain and saying one thing.

It is what it is.

Not reaching ... just commenting .

He didn't thank Mr. Kraft ... you have a problem with that?

emoney suckled from Moss' teet, of course he has a problem w/ that.

Last edited:
Yeah, he's self absorbed and delusional - which is the same reason he thought the way to get an extension here was to call the owner cheap and piss off his business partners and sponsors and hold a post game presser to whine about your hurt feelings supposedly for the last time after the first win of the season in a game many said we wouldn't win where the really big story beyond the win wasn't you but the slot receiver returning from an ACL catching 2 TD's in his first game since being injured...who had to wait 16 minutes to talk to the media while you rambled incoherently about your feelings... Mr. self absorbed caught 2 TD's in the Buffalo game so naturally he was beaming because that's all he ever cares about.

You're not a fan so much as a groupie...

Everything Moss does is always downplayed with you...

And you're a hater.

I will be rooting for a Pat. Moss will always be a Patriot to many of us and I'm guessing you will see a lot of Moss jerseys in the stands.

Personally, i think losing this game is exactly what we deserve in this case.

Teenuh, let's see, does it uscramble into emoney?

Actually, i remember last year after the Colts enraged a lot of their fans by quitting on their chance to have a perfect regular season, a lot of of their fans were talking about they thought the Colts should lose to the Jets (the team they let into the playoffs when they decided to sit their starters) in the playoffs.

Sometimes, its about people getting what they deserve. Its a karma thing. ;) I'm not saying I want us to fail to get into the playoffs or anything, even though i think we probably will. I just think Moss should get his revenge in this game and make a statement to kraft.

Yeah, sure, Colt fans rooting for them to lose to the Jets :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Actually, i remember last year after the Colts enraged a lot of their fans by quitting on their chance to have a perfect regular season, a lot of of their fans were talking about they thought the Colts should lose to the Jets (the team they let into the playoffs when they decided to sit their starters) in the playoffs.

Sometimes, its about people getting what they deserve. Its a karma thing. ;) I'm not saying I want us to fail to get into the playoffs or anything, even though i think we probably will. I just think Moss should get his revenge in this game and make a statement to kraft.

So you're pretty much rooting for the Vikings now?

So you're pretty much rooting for the Vikings now?

She's rooting for karma, Kontra. Try to keep up.:)

Had you not thrown the universe out of alignment with your incantations to win against Miami, none of this would have happened. I ask that you take personal responsibility for this debacle. 17,000 Randy Moss posts in two days. It's like the plagues of Egypt!

Randy Moss apparently must now defeat the Patriots and restore order to the universe.

Last edited:
She's rooting for karma, Kontra. Try to keep up.:)

Had you not thrown the universe out of alignment with your incantations to win against Miami, none of this would have happened. I ask that you take personal responsibility for this debacle. 17,000 Randy Moss posts in two days. It's like the plagues of Egypt!

Randy Moss apparently must now defeat the Patriots and restore order to the universe.

I hereby take the hex that I took off of Brady... and put half of it on Randy Moss and half of it on the New York Jets.

I didn't realise you spent time in the locker room.

Otherwise shut the hell up about his attitude/ego unless you have some link where a current Patriot employee said something about said attitude/ego.

We don't have to be in the locker room. Our eyes see, and our ears hear.
Add those to his history, and 1 + 1 + 1 = 3.

Last edited:
A problem with most truly gifted athletes is they never had to work for it (conditioning aside) and they believe for that reason they are ever superior to the guys who did who achieve greatness the hard way.

There is exactly 0 chance that any human being could have a HOF NFL career like Moss without WORKING for it.

Absolutely absurd. All NFL players are already physically gifted freaks compared to any average person. They all most likely work 10x as hard as you or I on any given day. You act as if athletes just sit on the couch, get up on Sundays, run a few routes, catch a few balls and earn a few million.

We don't have to be in the locker room. Our eyes see, and our ears hear. Add those to his history, and 1 + 1 + 1 = 3.

Do your ears hear BB, Wilfork, Brady, Faulk when they continuously tell you he's not ever been a problem and they genuinely like him? Or do you only listen for what you want to hear

Do your ears hear BB, Wilfork, Brady, Faulk when they continuously tell you he's not ever been a problem and they genuinely like him? Or do you only listen for what you want to hear

Do you honesty expect Belichick to rip someone they just got rid of? The Pats care so much about PR and it wouldnt be attractive for other players to come here if Bill threw guys under the bus as soon as they were shipped out. If he was never a problem and there were no heated exchanges or pity parties, then why was he dealt?

Of course a coach will deny any issues to keep it from being an even bigger distraction. Coaches lie all the time. Singletary said there were no issues with Jimmy raye and the playcalling and that raye obviously knew what he was doing after being in the nfl for so many years. Raye was fired a week later.

But as is often the case, Kraft was too cheap to pay the man. I've never exactly made it a secret that i'm not a fan of Kraft. I think we could have won more championships if we wouldn't constantly lose so many big players to free agency and trades just because he doesn't want to pay people unless he has no choice.

A few points, as this is reviving the Zombie "Krafty is cheap" nonsense. Hopefully this will put a stake in its black heart.

1. The Patriots spend up to the cap like every team does for all intents and purposes. Any money not spent on Moss is inevitably spent on some other player, not banked. So it is not a matter of being "cheap" because the money will be spent regardless. It is a matter of deciding that the value the player will accept is not worth the money that could be better spent elsewhere. That's not being cheap, that's being efficient.

2. Randy Moss was being paid $9 million this year, if I understand correctly. He wanted to extend his contract for another 3 years and likely wanted money somewhere in the same region. He knows that next year there is a lockout and he is 33 years old. Hence he, quite reasonably, wants to make damn sure he's in a position to either put up very good numbers on an offense where he's the main target, or get with a team who will agree to give him an extension of that order of time and money. That team was not going to be the Patriots because they have other contracts they place more value on, and they have a number of good young WR and TE they want to spread the ball around to since the offense was becoming otherwise predictable.

3. It IS a valid argument to say we should have re-signed Seymour, or Vrabel or whomever you are referring to as the ones that got away. I would in that case ask you "just who is it whom we have lost that has gone on to greater things elsewhere anyway?" I can only think of Seymour, but again I understand why we traded one year of his work for a 1st round draft pick.

4. You must necessarily put the salary cap, age, production and likelihood of success in the equation when you want to sign a player. Moss' production is down this year and he's 33. I can accept that the Patriots felt that the deal they could make wasn't the way they wanted to go and so they had to try to come to the best deal they could right now. I can accept that Moss felt he had to make a deal right now while he has leverage so he can ensure that his remaining playing days are paid for to the max. No fault on either side, no problem.

I agree with the others who have commented that you are reacting emotionally to the loss of a player you liked. We liked him too, but we can understand and accept that it happened without ascribing ulterior and nefarious motives to those who made those decisions on both sides.

After what he did for us, I'll always be on the Moss bandwagon. So yeah, if i'm able to go to the game against he Vikings, i'll still be wearing my Moss jersey and I will cheer if he gets a TD. Or I should say WHEN he gets a TD because there isn't much doubt with our CBs.

It should bother any patriots fan because the rest of our season is going to be a disaster. And next year doesn't look promising if we can't find at least a suitable replacement. Branch won't be it...

lmao. go stick your head in a hole or something will ya. :D:D:D god thats some dumb crap you posted there along with the other sh!t you dumped on this thread. i feel like I'm back in jr high. i think your better off posting about johnny depp in the ladies lounge.

Last edited:
A few points, as this is reviving the Zombie "Krafty is cheap" nonsense. Hopefully this will put a stake in its black heart.

1. The Patriots spend up to the cap like every team does for all intents and purposes. Any money not spent on Moss is inevitably spent on some other player, not banked. So it is not a matter of being "cheap" because the money will be spent regardless. It is a matter of deciding that the value the player will accept is not worth the money that could be better spent elsewhere. That's not being cheap, that's being efficient.

2. Randy Moss was being paid $9 million this year, if I understand correctly. He wanted to extend his contract for another 3 years and likely wanted money somewhere in the same region. He knows that next year there is a lockout and he is 33 years old. Hence he, quite reasonably, wants to make damn sure he's in a position to either put up very good numbers on an offense where he's the main target, or get with a team who will agree to give him an extension of that order of time and money. That team was not going to be the Patriots because they have other contracts they place more value on, and they have a number of good young WR and TE they want to spread the ball around to since the offense was becoming otherwise predictable.

3. It IS a valid argument to say we should have re-signed Seymour, or Vrabel or whomever you are referring to as the ones that got away. I would in that case ask you "just who is it whom we have lost that has gone on to greater things elsewhere anyway?" I can only think of Seymour, but again I understand why we traded one year of his work for a 1st round draft pick.

4. You must necessarily put the salary cap, age, production and likelihood of success in the equation when you want to sign a player. Moss' production is down this year and he's 33. I can accept that the Patriots felt that the deal they could make wasn't the way they wanted to go and so they had to try to come to the best deal they could right now. I can accept that Moss felt he had to make a deal right now while he has leverage so he can ensure that his remaining playing days are paid for to the max. No fault on either side, no problem.

I agree with the others who have commented that you are reacting emotionally to the loss of a player you liked. We liked him too, but we can understand and accept that it happened without ascribing ulterior and nefarious motives to those who made those decisions on both sides.

She won't understand a word you wrote.

No, but apparently you do. Why would he thank Kraft? Belichick is the one who he owes, all Kraft did was listen to Belichick.

None of us can know how this went down between Kraft and Belichick, so I'm not sure how you can say that. But, I agree that I wouldn't expect him to thank Kraft. I get the impression that the Krafts have a friendly, affable and approachable relationship with players, but I doubt they get as close to many as they apparently have done to Brady. It's a business and the guy you're being best friends with one day might be traded or cut by Coach the next. From Moss' point of view, I suspect Kraft did what he was supposed to do: signed his paycheck every month.

Last edited:
God would have helped him catch that pass for the sake of the cancer people ... the picture would have been worth a ton.

God's wisdom (infinite wisdom) > our finite wisdom.

...[snip].

Good stuff Sea_Pat.
Moss started this whole "mess," as he called it at his presser, by saying "everyone knows that the Patriots don't pay", even while he was one of the highest paid players on the team. I thought at the time that he was trying to embarrass the Patriots into offering him a big contract.
Well, good luck with that.
As he himself said, it's a business and the Krafts are nothing if not good businessmen.
I would have thought that the Wilfork and Brady contracts, among others, would have finally put the lie to that stupid Krafts-are-cheap canard.

Last edited:

But you did say that you want Moss to score TD's against the Patriots. And you did say that if the Patriots lose, they deserve it.:eek:

Very troubling comments coming from someone who professes to be a Patriots fan. Probably a sign of the difference between some post 2001 Patriots fans and those who were fans long before 2001.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes