PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Raiders rumored to want Garcia, draft shake-up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

everlong

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
EEI was reporting a rumor that the Raiders have serious interest in Jeff Garcia and would look to lock him up as soon as the FA period opened up.

With the Randy Moss rumored trade that could mean they are not going to draft Russell (they still could and have him in the wings but it doesn't feel that way) and that could mean Calvin Johnson.

Everybody has Detroit taking Joe Thomas and Cleveland taking Peterson. If those hold true then TB, Washington, and Arizona don't need QBs.

Between Minnesota, Houston and Miami both Russell and Quinn will come off the board most likely.

Barring trades that shake up could mean a player does a slide like Wilfork did in 04 for us.

It will be interesting to watch.

It makes sense to me -- I wouldn't pass up on Calvin Johnson for a grade-B QB prospect either. (In fact, Johnson's been #1 in my mental mock all along, so this wouldn't change much!)

My big hope right now is that Chris Houston shoots up the charts and bumps down the CBs I like better.

I agree on taking Johnson.

Houston is interesting I think his stock may go way up. I think for the Pats to take him he would have to say all the right things in the interview process.

Revis is by far my favorite CB so I hope he falls to us.

The GBN big board has Revis falling to #34. The fall is probably because a.) he showed up at the combine at 204 lbs. a whopping 14 lbs. over his playing listed playing weight and b.) he did not run at the combine.

The weight gain scares me a lot. To my knowledge no one has said if the extra weight is muscle or flab. Regardless the extra weight could be a signal to NFL teams that Revis is big enough to make the switch to safety, which could be an option if he runs 4.55-4.6. If he runs that poorly, I doubt BB takes a flier on him at safety or CB.

I knew he didn't run but hadn't read that it was because he came in 14LBS over weight.

I cannot figure out why these idiots wouldn't come into the combine in the best shape of their lives considering what they have to lose.

There's a difference between being overweight and over your listed playing weight.

I posted this on a thread in the big forum as well: do you think that the fact that Detroit pick up George Foster (denvers starting RT) might make them look @ their Draft board differently? There are a whole bunch of talented interior OL'men that might be available when Detroit picks @34...

I posted this on a thread in the big forum as well: do you think that the fact that Detroit pick up George Foster (denvers starting RT) might make them look @ their Draft board differently? There are a whole bunch of talented interior OL'men that might be available when Detroit picks @34...

No. While I'm sure Detroit will be trying like hell to trade the pick, I think they'd have to stay with Thomas. Foster is serviceable, but Thomas is Grade A. Plus Detroit played last year with four sub-par linemen. They can use the help.

Right now, their RB situation is crowded with Bell and Jones, Neither Russell or Quinn is ideal for the Martz offense, and nobody else seems to be worth the #2 pick, although Gaines Adams would be a great pick for them.

I think Minnesota is going to try to develop Tarvaris Jackson so I don't see why everyone thinks they are going to take a QB in the draft when they already have a pretty good prospect on their hands. I can see Houston taking Russell and the Dolphins taking Brady Quinn who I think should be the number two pick in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News