PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

R. Manning Jr. arrested for assualt w/ deadly weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll bet Carolina matches the offer now. :D

The deadly weapon part is the dumbest thing I heard of. They are actually calling his friends the deadly weapon. I never heard of anything like that. A shod foot for kicking the guy would sound more logical.

MrTibbs said:
The deadly weapon part is the dumbest thing I heard of. They are actually calling his friends the deadly weapon. I never heard of anything like that. A shod foot for kicking the guy would sound more logical.
I'd have to dig out the California Penal Code to see how the legislature defined things in the law. More fun to chuckle gleefully at Chicago's discomfiture and hope the "nerd" finds a lawyer and jury who think Ricky the brave is over paid.

Manning was in a group that attacked a man in the restaurant after teasing him for working on a laptop computer.

"The group began by making comments that the victim looked like a geek or a nerd," Lewis said.

The victim asked the group to stop and then complained to a Denny's manager before someone in the group punched him in the face. He then was punched and kicked by multiple attackers until losing consciousness, Lewis said.

What a complete idiot and a total F-ing SCUMBAG. Leave people the Hell alone. The guy was reportedly just in Denny's working on his computer and big NFL football star and his posse have to make fun of him and then beat him senseless when he has the balls to complain about it? Jesus. If true, this is one of those "I don't care what the sentencing guidances are, lock him up and throw away the key" things.

Last edited:
As a certified geek with a lap-top computer I take this story very personally.:D Someone should find Givens and let him abuse Manning again as punishment... No, that would be cruel and inhuman.

PonyExpress said:
As a certified geek with a lap-top computer I take this story very personally.:D
Yeah, I thought of this myself. I sometimes bring a laptop to Panera Bread. Come to think of it, what was a guy who was just offered a 21 million dollar contract doing in DENNY'S?

MrTibbs said:
The deadly weapon part is the dumbest thing I heard of. They are actually calling his friends the deadly weapon.
I seem to recall hearing of this before. They weren't calling his friends deadly weapons. They call a gang attack assault with a deadly weapon, that is, five people attacking one person is the same as one person using a baseball bat. Each of the five will be charged with attack with a deadly weapon, but of course, only Ricky will make news. Lawyers for the other guys will get the cases separated pretty quickly, I'll bet.

This is the dumbest story I've seen in a long time.

Just out of curiousity, what did this dumbass score on the Wonderlic?

how will this affect his situation with the bears. Obviously carolina now won't want him. Do the bears have to honor the deal they tried to sign him?

I really don't know much about contracts and RFA signing.

I also don't know much about why Manning is so overrated and why he was hanging out at Denny's with his "posse".

The guy is a degenerate.

Really..they were making fun of this guy..who was just working on his laptop..
Gee..what a bunch of idiots!! I never liked him and NOW, I dislike him even worse. I say..let the Bears have him and throw their money away.

Last edited:
Keegs said:
how will this affect his situation with the bears. Obviously carolina now won't want him. Do the bears have to honor the deal they tried to sign him?
Carolina didn't match, it's off to Chicago. The Bears do have to honor it - they didn't try to sign him, they did sign him . . . it's just whether Carolina chooses to match the deal but Chicago did sign him to a contract. And now he's their problem.

BelichickFan said:
Carolina didn't match, it's off to Chicago. The Bears do have to honor it - they didn't try to sign him, they did sign him . . . it's just whether Carolina chooses to match the deal but Chicago did sign him to a contract. And now he's their problem.

Exactly. Carolina has until Friday to match the offer. If they decline, I believe they get a 3rd rd pick in this years draft. But as both sides in Chicago signed the offer sheet, Chicago has the obligation to fulfill the contract (unless the wording included unusual moral clauses, or whatever).

spacecrime said:
Come to think of it, what was a guy who was just offered a 21 million dollar contract doing in DENNY'S?
You don't go to eat at Denny's, you just end up there.

Deadly Weapon clarification.

The deadly weapon is the shoe, sneaker, or boot they were wearing when they were kicking him while on the ground. Kicking someone while they are down instantly turns a misdemeanor into a felony in California. Wearing something on your feet turns it into assault with a deadly weapon.

somejerk said:
Deadly Weapon clarification.

The deadly weapon is the shoe, sneaker, or boot they were wearing when they were kicking him while on the ground. Kicking someone while they are down instantly turns a misdemeanor into a felony in California. Wearing something on your feet turns it into assault with a deadly weapon.
I have an uncle whos toenails look like fritos....I believe I would rather get kicked by him with his shoes on

scout said:

Amen to that and he probably stiffed the waitress on the tip...
Somebody remind me agian why ESPN's Playmakers was criticized...Something about being unrealistic...You can't make this stuff up......sadly....

scout said:
Well, if I had 21 million dollars, I'd end up somewhere else. Actually, I don't have 21 million dollars and I still don't endup in Denny's. :D

Last edited:
Patsfanin Philly said:
Amen to that and he probably stiffed the waitress on the tip...
Somebody remind me agian why ESPN's Playmakers was criticized...Something about being unrealistic...You can't make this stuff up......sadly....

The problem with 'Playmakers' was that the NFL thought it was TOO real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes