PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

QB Ranking: No Respect for Brady??

Status
Not open for further replies.
The key word here is "Fantasy"!!! For "Fantasy" football I have no problem with Manning being #1, he should be because the man is all about stats and he usually has them in abundance. (I don't get involved in fantasy sports, not my bag at all, but I also don't think the fantasy experts are wrong or disrespecting Brady. Manning is definitely #1 in football fantasy land.)

For "Real" football the usual measuring sticks are wins and rings. Brady usually doesn't have the stats but he usually has the wins and he also has "3" rings - - - to Peyton's humongous, record breaking stats, lots of wins but also his "0" rings.

In the "real" football world I live in that makes Brady #1 period!

:cool:

Hey, I'll be honest. Manning is maybe the best in the league. Brady is my favorite and close to #1 if not #1. Manning is very impressive but he SUCKS when people successfully pressure him...Brady is cool in the pocket and is way more clutch. This deals with stats...2 years ago Manning threw freakin 49 TD's so yeah he should be #1 on fantasy.

plus Brady doesn't have the receivers he did last year.

Thats why I hate fantasy football. It has NOTHING to do with ACTUAL football. Then you get articles and even fans pimping "thier" players when chokers like Manning are always rated #1 (he is a GREAT fantasy QB)...uuuh last time I checked the SB was not conducted in mom's basement between stat freaks. It is played on the field. I know some people like it fine, but it doesn't belong even in the football section of sports sites it should have it own section like soccer does. It becomes to easily confused with real football talk, you know the kind that discusses what actually wins the REAL games not some league played on paper...

imho there is a huge difference between fantasy football and the real game.

and, due to the fact that the real game is the game, i absolutely want at the helm our # 12.

fantasy football ? nothingh contrary to see Peyton at # 1. Who cares ?

Actually this is probably the best fantasy rankings Brady has ever had.

Over the last four years I have always been able to pick up Brady as my fantasy quarterback in the 4th or 5th round (10 team league) depending on the year. For a while he was ranked somewhere between the 8th to 10th quarterback on many fantasy rankings.

Thats a bummer now because now i may have a third or higher to get him.

Actually, from a fantasy point of view, Brady should be a 1st-2nd round pick, and probably the #2 QB in the league. Look at the top fantasy QBs (in no particular order)

Manning
Brady
Hasselbeck
Palmer - returning from ACL injury
Culpepper - returning from ACL injury
Brees - returning from shoulder injury
Roethlisburger - mototcycle accident
McNabb - returning from various injuries/crappy receivers

Fantasy teams will be hurtin for QBs early this year. Brady has more value beacuse he's a sure bet.

yeah i agree with most that was said above....

Ive looked at Numerous charts and every single one had Manning #1 and Brady #2; with probably 90% having Carson Palmer #3 (i would put Mcnabb 3rd).

For fantasy, this has to be correct. Manning is a sure thing to load up on stats.... this isn't about the better quarterrback, this is about fantasy points based on performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft