PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Production of our big money spend on Offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

satz

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I figured i wanted to see what we got for VALUE for big real money we paid. actual production for dollar spent.

both in regular season and post season.

Wes Welker 9.5 -16 games- played- 118 Rec /1354 yds /11.4 yds per rec / 6 TD
Post season HOU -131 yds ,Bal 117 yds

Gronk - 8.6 million -11 games played - 55 Rec /790 yds /11 TD
Post season HOU - 0 , Bal - 0

Hernandaz - 6.6 million - 10 games played -51 Rec/483 yds /9.6 yds per rec /5 TD
Post season - HOU -85 yds , Bal 83 yds

LLyod - 4.9 million - 74 Rec/911 yds / 12.3 yds per rec /4 TD

It was intresting to see that the WR returned more production per million then the TE.

On the defense.

4 million to fanane - while this was hailed as a big value signing over red bryant who was signed by the seachickens . fanane was a better pass rusher and a close enough player to red bryant but we saved a few dollars as he was close to red byrant and we did get VALUE :bricks: .

last year this went to ocho stinko for getting 6.6 million and production was a value too...

Perhaps I am mis-remembering, but I don't recall the consensus being that signing Fanene was preferential to spending more to sign Bryant. If I recall correctly most wished the Pats would have signed Bryant, but Bryant wanted to stay in Seattle. With Option #1 no longer available the Patriots looked for a Plan B, which unfortunately turned out to be a guy with a bum knee.

Some free agents don't pan out, just like some draft picks don't pan out - for any and every NFL team.

As for Gronk vs Lloyd, there are other factors that don't show up on a stat sheet; e.g., run blocking, or how well the WR loosens up the defense.

As for Ocho, that move never made sense to me from Day One; why pay that much for a player with declining skills that would be your 4th option in the passing game?

Last edited:
I think we need to spend more money on our defense...
ilnnwTchVr4Nx.gif

Enough said. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick