PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Prisco on EEI this morning (Friday)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care how much they can theorize that the Colts are built for cold weather...all I need to do is look at Mannings career stats in cold weather games at the end of the season/playoffs. Even if the defense is better, that doesn't mean that he won't still be throwing 3 picks a game.

How come my post about EEI was deleted from this thread?

I only mentioned that Meter (and a lot of the other hosts) are contrarian by design. Jason Wolfe must post on these boards. Sorry, Jason didn't mean to let the cat out of the bag :rolleyes:

Prisco was his old self this morning. He thought he had a compelling argument, but I think there are some major holes in it. His argument was that the Colts appear to be the team "built for cold weather", not the Pats. Interesting, but not necessarily correct. His argument boiled down to the way the Colts run the ball, and the Colts' defense.

On both counts I think he lacked the ambition to look at how well Maroney has run in December, and how few points the defense has given up. Also, the Pats were judged upon having played in extreme pressure situations for the last few games of the year, whereas Indy had a lot of pressure removed. Indy was the defending champs but it was the Patriots taking all the pressure.

I also think that if you look at the apparently improving health of Richard, and the increasing contribution of Meriweather, the defense is not giving up much to Indy's. Indy has a younger, faster defense overall, but my response is "So what" if the Pats just gas them again with a no-huddle offense. You can take the speed out of a defense as we proved in Indy.

You can't take the size out of a defense unless you figure out how to get it out of position. Our guys have size, but they also have experience, and it's experience that keeps you right around the ball.

Cold weather play also benefits teams who live and play in it regularly and don't have as bad an attitude about it as a visiting team from FL or a dome. I'm not sure Indy passes that sniff test but Prisco was not going to even look at that factor. There is a mental factor to playing in weather. I can't see how that favors a dome team, Pete.

Prisco was also ignoring the fact that losing in Indy last year is still sticking in Tom Brady's craw. I don't know about you but if I beat Tom Brady in cribbage once, I am sweating the second game just a little more than the first. If motivation doesn't count in the playoffs, when does it? I think Indy is going to take a shot in Foxboro, "built for cold weather" or not, if all holds to schedule this weekend.

All you need to know is that the Patriots are 6-0 in snow games. The Patriots are still fuming about the AFCCG from last year. Dwight Freeney is on injured reserve. I do not know what games Pete Prisco has been watching over the past few years, but the Colts track record in bad weather games has been brutal.

Guess what the mighty Colts rushing attack averaged 106 ypg and the crappy Pats rushing attack averaged 115 ypg.
The mighty Colts rushing defense gave up 107 ypg and the putrid Pats gave up 98.2 ypg.
I guess Prisco either got the information backwards or doesn't want to be confused by the facts.
Thats why he is an idiot.

Embrace the suckitude. WE SUCK. The "Experts all say so". :rolleyes:
We suck so bad that other teams are better built to play on our own home field. :rolleyes:

Embrace the suckitude. WE SUCK. The "Experts all say so". :rolleyes:
We suck so bad that other teams are better built to play on our own home field. :rolleyes:

I could not say it any better! We must be the only 0-16 team to make the playoffs, get a first round bye and home field throughout the playoffs.:rolleyes:

Absolutely correct we are the worst 16-0 team in league in league history and will be the worst 19-0 team in league history. We beat the next 2 best teams on their home field but we can't beat them on our home or neutral fields. out team has been designed so that every opponent is better suited to play in Foxboro in the playoffs in January although none has ever beaten us here. Not only that every team has the blue print to beat us but nobody has yet, why doesn't our coach do something about it. Too bad we don't have a coach like Cam Cameron.

Prisco was his usual self...it bothers me when he says things like "The Colts run the football better than the Patriots" and D&C reply with things like "well, everyone runs it better than the Patriots."

Since they've played each other, Maroney has been a better running back than Addai, hands down, it's not even close.

That said - the Colts are the team we should be afraid of. They have the ability to beat us, no doubt, and when we eventually face off, it will probably be a similar game to the one that we won in Week 10 and similar to the one we lost in the AFCCG. I still see us winning of course.

Last edited:
The Colts are "built" for cold weather. The Jags are "built" for cold weather. The Jags are "built" to beat the Patriots. What are the 16 - 0 Patriots "built" for?
Going 19-0!

Didn't we beat the Ravens, Eagles, Jets, Dolphins, and Giants in cold weather, or was I watching different games?

F#ck Pete Prisco.:mad:

Prisco = Patriots hater
Prisco = Manning ballwasher

Any questions?

The only reason the Colts won last year was that half of the Patriots had a serious stomach flu and were puking their guts out on the sidelines. It wasn't the great forehead leading his team to victory it was just the luck of the draw healthwise.

Prisco = Patriots hater
Prisco = Manning ballwasher

Any questions?

Yes.....

If I wanted to double the surface area of the earth, how much larger would the earth's diameter need to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back