Not open for further replies.

Brady6

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
QB – Brady, Garoppolo (2)
RB – Gray, Bolden (2)
3DRB – White, Cadet (2)
FB – Develin (1)
WR – Edelman, LaFell, Amendola, Dobson, Gibson, Slater (6)
TE – Gronkowski, Chandler, Cleveland (3)
OT – Solder, Vollmer, Cannon, C. Fleming (4)
OG/C – Stork, Jackson, Wendell, Mason, Kline (5)

DL – Easley, Siliga, M. Brown, Branch, Walker (5)
EDGE – Cha. Jones, Ninkovich, Sheard, Flowers, Grissom, (5)
LB – Collins, Hightower, Mayo, Freeney (4)
CB – Butler, Roberts, B. Fletcher, Ryan, T. Brown (5)
SAF – McCourty, Chung, Harmon, Richards, Wilson, Ebner (6)
K – Gostkowski (1)
P – Allen (1)
LS – Cardona (1)
PUP – Chr. Jones, D. Fletcher (2)
SUSP – Blount (1)
PS – Andrews, Moore, Harper, ****son, R. Johnson, Bequette, Barker, Swanson, Morris, Boyce (10)

- I refuse to acknowledge Tom Brady's suspension.
- Cutting Hoomanawanui saves us $1.45M.
- Ryan and Brown are both capable of playing the slot, making McClain expendable.
- If it was unlikely Andrews would make it through waivers I would keep him on the 53 man roster over Kline.
- Gibson or Cadet are at risk after week 1 when Blount returns.
- Some my feel 6 safeties is to much but I view as a special teams LB, and Wilson as a hybrid coverage LB. Combine that with McCourty being able to play CB and it makes sense.
- We play a 4-2-5 most of the time, so a 3 man rotation of Collins, Hightower, and Mayo is perfect, then we have Freeney as the emergency #4 LB and also have the ability to use Ninkovich at OLB if need be.

Morris LB over Ebner ? (Dikembe is reporting Wayne WR is coming, better recheck your WR group !)

RB – Gray, Bolden (2)
3DRB – White, Cadet (2)
FB – Develin (1)

K – Gostkowski (1)
P – Allen (1)
LS – Cardona (1)
SUSP – Blount (1)
PS – Andrews, Moore, Harper, ****son, R. Johnson, Bequette, Barker, Swanson, Morris, Boyce (10)

- Ryan and Brown are both capable of playing the slot, making McClain expendable.
- If it was unlikely Andrews would make it through waivers I would keep him on the 53 man roster over Kline.
- Some my feel 6 safeties is to much but I view as a special teams LB, and Wilson as a hybrid coverage LB. Combine that with McCourty being able to play CB and it makes sense.
- We play a 4-2-5 most of the time, so a 3 man rotation of Collins, Hightower, and Mayo is perfect, then we have Freeney as the emergency #4 LB and also have the ability to use Ninkovich at OLB if need be.

Good list. I think they'll give Boyce more rope (with which to hang himself?) because he's supposedly looked very strong in practice, and, unlike Gibson, he contributes on special teams.

And I'm hoping they sign Mathis, of course!

Cleveland to PS? I mean, is the guy any good?

OFFENSE
Fine for now.

DEFENSE
1) Walker OR Branch for me. (SAVING one roster spot)
2) Add a ST LB (ADDING one roster spot)
3) I have McClain as the 11th DB. We need a solid nickel back more than another safety. I think that we should accept that Belichick drafted Richards to play safety.

RB – Gray, Bolden (2)
3DRB – White, Cadet (2)
FB – Develin (1)

K – Gostkowski (1)
P – Allen (1)
LS – Cardona (1)
SUSP – Blount (1)

Looks pretty good, but it's hard to justify Ebner over Chris Jones. Jones has been a solid, contributing member at an interior DL spot that has 2 unproven youngsters. Ebner is a great ST cover guy, but Jones has blocked a FG the last 2 seasons so he helps in the kicking game as well. IMO, Jones brings a lot more to the table.

Edit, saw u have him on PUP. Ignore me

Have to skimp somewhere. You chose LB, with one PUPer taking some of the sting away. Not crazy.

How about Antonio Brown? Reports were strong about him for a while.

Chris Jones and Fletcher do seem like ideal candidates for PUP. Keep them in reserve for if there are injuries at DT and LB.

But c'mon bro you really think Bequette isn't making this team???

Have to skimp somewhere. You chose LB, with one PUPer taking some of the sting away. Not crazy.

How about Antonio Brown? Reports were strong about him for a while.
Yeah, I've heard he's one hell of a receiver ;)

Have to skimp somewhere.

I'm not sure that skimping is required.

5 DE
4 DT
5 LB
5 CB
5 S

With a 25 defensive roster, there is still one player to allocate.

I'm not sure that skimping is required.

5 DE
4 DT
5 LB
5 CB
5 S

With a 25 defensive roster, there is still one player to allocate.
  • We have 6 safeties worth keeping, although I guess that's embarrassment of riches more than skimping.
  • I doubt you'd be happy with 4 DT, given your desire for big fatties added to the general need for penetrators.
  • If we set defense to 25, the offense is 25 including Slater. Assume that's 2 QB, 1 FB, 4 RB, 3 TE, 9 OL, 6 WR. That's a bit skimpy at "move TE". Free up a spot to backup Chandler and you're skimping elsewhere, which I why I think that spot won't actually be freed up.

• We have 6 safeties worth keeping, although I guess that's embarrassment of riches more than skimping.
  • I doubt you'd be happy with 4 DT, given your desire for big fatties added to the general need for penetrators.
  • If we set defense to 25, the offense is 25 including Slater. Assume that's 2 QB, 1 FB, 4 RB, 3 TE, 9 OL, 6 WR. That's a bit skimpy at "move TE". Free up a spot to backup Chandler and you're skimping elsewhere, which I why I think that spot won't actually be freed up.

Chung, McCourty, Harmon and Richards are definites. Tavon and Ebner are useful, but if one gets the axe that wouldn't be a big deal. They're both competing primarily for ST work, so if someone at another position beats them out for that, so be it.

I agree that DT is the bigger logjam. I expect 5 to stick, and my guess would be Brown, Easley, Siliga, Johnson, and Branch. Although I wouldn't mind Branch missing the cut in favor of Moore or Jones, so we have another penetrating tackle after Easley.

DEFENSE
1) I agree that having 6 safeties that you want to keep has no relationship to skimping.
2) With regard to big fatties, last week folks were suggesting only two (Brown and Siliga. I thought we need a 3rd in branch. So, this week, we have a roster with Branch AND Walker, and 3 isn't enough. I think that 3 is enough, although I'f fine with the 25th defensive player being a DT.
3) I don't see any skimping at all with 5 at each position. I also see no slumping if we went to 4 DT's.

OFFENSE
1) I don't see how having 3 TE's on the 53 is skimping. How often have we carried 4?
2) I'm not sure that we need the additional WR if Chandler is healthy. I could see Dobson being gone and the position used elsewhere; but, for now, I too have 6 WR's.
3) I see no skimping in the offensive allocation that you posted.

I wouldn't be so quick to write Lindley off the roster ...

He has a very strong arm and could prove to be very valuable as the scout team QB.

Brady's age has to be strongly considered going forward in terms of possible injuries and healing time.

I think he would be more valuable to the team as the 3rd QB vs the 53rd player who would be replaceable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back